heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I only run my fuge light during the day along with the tank lights. I only have cheato in my refugium. I've read that running the reverse light cycle on your fuge will keep PH up. I haven't noticed any problems with my tank but just wondering what your lighting schedules are.

Thanks,
Steven

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Stephen,

Reverse light cycles help other things as well - heat for one thing - you turn your tank lights off and then you have another on in the evening when the temp drops a few -

Yes PH is helped and so is ORP -

I have never done my fuge light cycle any other way than reverse to day running lights - I swear by it

Jim

techreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is the same as ORP per Jim's response above, but during non-light hours, plants reverse their daytime respiration cycle and release CO2 into the water column. So by running your fuge light opposite your main tank lights, you never leave your entire system dark, thereby reducing the potential for unhealthy CO2 build up in your water.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
yea i do 24 hours toos is it better in opinion to run the fuge only at night?
and what are the best lighting for qwick cheato growth? i currently switched it to a florecent light over the fuge hoping it will grow qwicker
becuase the florecent grows alot of aglea in my fresh tank lol? hmmmz

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
You can run a regular plant light and you should be fine. I run 1 - 10k PC bulb as that's what I had laying around. Before that I was run a clip-on light as my cheato grow pretty fast.

I run my refug 24 hrs as I have a good amount of micro in it, this helps to keep my Ph up better than running it just the opposite my main tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: