Should I use red slime remover?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Matt, I have no idea. Email microbe-lift. I spoke to them once and I was very impressed with their knowledge of saltwater reefs.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
honestly i tried sb years back after a long convo with the guys from sb at the macna in nj, they actually gave me a bunch of their stuff and think i have a written document on it somewhere on here, it didnt resolve my cyano though. but i do use it when setting a new tank up. personally i use re slime remover and just dosed today. actually have black cyano in my tank ive been battling about 2 months.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I've been using lots different bacteria
Sb
Nite out 2
Stablity
And just trying aqua vitros

I still have sm spots cyano
But I think the bacteria certainly helps tank runs cleaner since I started using them things have gotten better only thing is they do get costly in a lg tank

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Describe your flow and your lighting + schedule. Usually a combination of the two. Cut your lighting way down, siphon what you can during water changes and change or increase your flow.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was thinking of trying chemiclean over Red slime remover. Chemiclean has no antibiotics. Does it make it safer? Try SB actually 3 32oz bottles with no differences. More water change more cyano in a 4 yr old tank. Not much sand just about 20 lbs in 90 gal SPS. Cyano goes away by morning and returns. Kessil lighting with plenty water movement. It's seem to go away when I Don't do WC in 6 weeks or more. Debating on using chemiclean. LR are over 14 yrs old about 70lbs.

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I used chemiclean and I lost 1 anthias and 1 heniochus fish in one day. I followed d instructions and even added an airstone and kept d skimmer on. Il never use it again

how big was the tank and how many airstones did you use? i have used it before on my 29g and everything survived the dosing, although i did turn off the skimmer and used 4 airstones, powered by one air pump

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was thinking of add chemiclean. But I decided to add more snails and shut the lights off for a few days. First day looked spot less clean. Only time will tell like you. Got to get to the main reason why cyano is there in first place. I wish I knew myself.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
What does cyano feed off of more nitrate po4 ?
I've had it for a yr strait sometimes it's mild other times horrible sps color and polyp ext are average-good
Also get diatoms on sand
More Gfo? I'm tempted to use zeozyme it worked for me once in the past??

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Try a 3 day blackout before resorting to a slime remover. You will be amazed how well the blackout works. Remember to keep the room dark or wrap the tank to keep light from hitting it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: