Clown guru

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
These fish are known to be deep water fish and will hide until comfortable enough to make its present. Have you try maybe an hour after the lights out, take a pencil flashlight and probe the into the rocks. You might see her hiding. They are my favorite also, good luck bud.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
don't let that diamond goby fool you ,, I added one a month ago I had a red hawk fish about 3 inches he likes to hide in the crevices after a few days the goby found a spot he liked he began to fight with the hawk when he came too close this think chased the hawk fish around the tank and killed it, I was upset I liked the hawk .. If the anthias got too close to the gobys spot the same thing might have happened. I didn't those gobys had that aggression in them but in my case he wasn't having someone invade his space, hope this didn't happen to you.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
The blotchys do hide initially when first introduced ,especially being small..
I have 3 currently now for a long time got them small now they are around 3-4 inches
But when I first got them didn't see them for almost a month,now they acclimated to the lights and are always out at the top ..
Hopefully yours is just hiding

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Here is one of them next to a 8inch betta for size comparison
eef9f2ee2d490ee8fb43b542d9ff3627.jpg

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Blochy are one those fish once it's settled is quite hardy i personally would try and find one a little bigger next time if u have a fuge or frag tank to put it in while it's new just to get it eating and strong then after it's eating aggressively then transfer it to display that would def help

I've heard that blochies can be a bit of a gamble because they r deep water and have issues just up and die I'd look for one that's been at store a few weeks so that u know it's survived the initial catch / shipment
Good luck i lost 2 but finally got a pair that r getting big
Sucks to lose the $ though I feel ur pain

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I agree. Give it some time. He might be hiding. I got one on Black Friday sale. At first he went straight to hiding. He would come out when lights were off. They are not use to intense lighting like stated above. After a week he was out and about. He is my favorite fish. He doesn't hide at all. Always in the front begging for food. He actually eats more aggressive than my hippo and naso. Lolol

Give him time. Fingers crossed.

FrankieBones

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
145   0   0
You may be suprised as they are very hardy fish.... Its more than likely one of your fish harassed him somewhere and believe it or not it will stay hidden in one small area. I just got one from tropical from the same batch last week and it stood in a small spot(i was lucky i found him) because he was being sized up by my starcki.. Its just coming out now, however my starcki damsel does harass mine here and there and I noticed his tail was nipped at. I cant wait until this guys gets bigger and the starki will think twice before sizing him up again. They will eat the floating food in their secret spot....so yours can be healthy and eating without you knowing. Good luck

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The new one acclimated very well and is doing excellent. She is starting to come out and hang out. I have also decided to pull my hippo tang because I have seen a lot of aggression toward my sixline & clarki clownfish. So it will be pulled this weekend most likely with hope of restoring peace in the tank. I would really like to buy a supermale lineatus wrasse. :fish:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: