Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey guys,
I have been in the hobby for about 6-7 years. Ever since I laid eyes on this beautiful fish aka The Blotched Anthia I fell in love. I just didn't have the experience or money to purchase it so I waited till I felt comfortable buying a +$200 fish. I frequently visit Tropical Island because I work nearby so I spend my lunches looking at fish and coral. He had one but I didn't buy it. He sold it. Came back because they got 5 in so I coughed up the money and bought it, acclimated him and dropped him in. He scurried into the corner by the overflow but remained alert & ate like a champ. Checked the tank last night after work and gone. No trace or sign of him even after I fed and shut off all pumps. Checked behind, both sides, floor and overflows and nothing. It's been about 24hrs since his disappearance. Very upset and just plain disappointed... My favorite fish I waited so long for just disappears.

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Phil

They are shy. Anthias in general are shy. Borbonias are known to hide in a rock and stay there. How big is your tank? What other fish you have? There are a lot of factors that will decide the fate of these beautiful but shy fishes..

Sunny

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Probably about 1.5", same size as one of the smaller cardinals

Hmm. Phil I think that the six line wrasse (known to be aggressive) maybe the reason. It is possible that the blotchy is still hiding in the rocks (1.5 inch is small enough to elude eyes).

I would wait. The fish needs to feel comfortable to come out and eat. Mine did not eat for weeks and yet they are now happy.

Watch the six line dude. They can be nasty.

Good Luck

Sunny

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The six line is actually really peaceful. He has been with some of the fish for over 5 years. My hippo is actually the nastiest of the crew. Don't know what it is but he is nasty. He goes after the sixline. I was debating on pulling him.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: