rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Ive had a lot of people ask me where I get my arm length gloves that I use when putting my hand(s) in my tanks.

Below you'll find a link to where I buy them from.
These are the best Ive found (Ive tried many different types of gloves). (100 for $13.95 + shipping)

These have a rubber band at the top, so they stay up very well!
They do puncture when you're touching rocks (as they are thin), but I use a blue rubber glove (powder free) on top of the reef sleeve with a rubber band at the cuff to prevent water from getting into the blue rubber glove (and then spilling out when I tank my hand out of the tank.

They are made to be used for horse/cow insemination, but they work well for our hobby.

A group buy may be a good idea for Manhattan Reefs (although I do not need any).

http://www.qcsupply.com/77015-band-a-sleeve-clear.html

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Good info..

Thanks

My pleasure!

I never put my hand in my tank without one of these on.

It protects me from the tank and the tank from me! I don't want my skin's oils or any lotions/soap getting into the tank. Not to mention I really don't want to get poisoned by the coral/fish or some bacteria/infection.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I took cow insemination from that whole post!!!

I wonder how you found that one?

Good info though. I'll have to go with this as it is probably the best option to have some type of "feel" when your working and no more water in the glove and get annoyed.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Fantastic! I always put my hand without gloves and rinse and wash hands with soap, however from time to time I have some rash on my skin and recently my arm touched some LPS and I couldn't get rid of it for weeks. I am buying them right now!

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I found these by searching for them. I had used a similar product before which I purchased from thefilterguys.biz

Once I figured out what they were, I searched for a better and cheaper alternative. After trying a few kinds I found these and new right away they were the best.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
To run a GB you'd have to read and follow the rules..they are listed on a tab on the Marketplace page. I know I got mine through a GB run here more than a few years ago..lol

They are a great product to keep your bare arms/hands out of the tank!

A couple of points...for an inexpensive item like this a GB likely won't be successful as folks won't want to travel to a different borough to pick up an item worth only $14...a better bet is to have a GB like this close to a frag swap date to generate more interest and have the swap as the pick up point.

Just my 2 cents :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: