leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I need to get about 100lbs of LR for my 220. My budget is tight right now. The cheapest I have found for good rock has been $4 a pound. That comes out to $300 plus shipping. A total of almost $400.

There is a seller on Ebay, dbs_aquariums, that is selling LR at $2.25 a lb. I would save about $100 if I purchased it on Ebay.

Any advice on this? First hand experiences?

Thanks.

mavl666

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ebay LR

I would check the feedback for the seller. Not sure if you can get email addresses to inquire further. The one thing I noticed on EBAY is that sellers tend to raise the shipping cost. I would find the sellers location and who they ship with and check the shipping cost before purchasing.

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You're right on the math Tim. You see! Im still thinking: Budget. Budget. Budget. lol.

Who on the site has LR for sale?

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Leo, we do have nice live rock and it may be a little bit out of your budget, but you'll see it's worth every penny - this stuff is fully cured, mixed marshal, fiji, tonga branch and slab. Very nice and will work sometihng out if you're looking for 100lbs.

Send me or masterswimmer a PM and we'll work it out for you

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
you don't have to use all ultra grade live rock.

you can use half base rock and half live rock and save a bunch of money.

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I already have about 100lbs in my tank. Im upgrading from a 75gl to a 220gl that I bought from glipper69. Im not going to go LR crazy and try to fill up my tank. My aquascaping has always been set around keeping the rock off of all of the walls of the tank so that fish can swim. So you're right, I dont need all ultra grade stuff. Base will help out a bit.

House, where are you guys located?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: