marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
What type of frozen foods are you talking about? Most of the frozen foods that I use defrost fairly quickly, so I don't have to take it out that long before I'm going to use it. If it's seafood you need to be careful, as even in a fridge it can turn bad in a short time.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
What type of frozen foods are you talking about? Most of the frozen foods that I use defrost fairly quickly, so I don't have to take it out that long before I'm going to use it. If it's seafood you need to be careful, as even in a fridge it can turn bad in a short time.

+1
i make my own food and freeze it in cubes. take it out of freezer, its already clean cause i made it, put in tank water and ready to feed in 2 minutes.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I do this once every few months I go to the supermarket buy fresh shrimp,clams a piece of fish?whole silversides, Rods food,norie,frozen Misys shrimp and whatever else I can think of lol
I then put them separately in a blender I have a small Cuisinart that I use.
Then I rince everything with RO water and freeze in these small rubber ice trays I found on Amazon.
Every two days I put eight Cubs in A color applicator bottle I got from my wife's beauty supply and fill it half way with RO water and keep it in the refrigerator .
Then when I'm ready to feed, I feed about five times a day I just reach in the fridge grab the bottle and squirt into the tank it works like a dream.

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
I do this once every few months I go to the supermarket buy fresh shrimp,clams a piece of fish?whole silversides, Rods food,norie,frozen Misys shrimp and whatever else I can think of lol
I then put them separately in a blender I have a small Cuisinart that I use.
Then I rince everything with RO water and freeze in these small rubber ice trays I found on Amazon.
Every two days I put eight Cubs in A color applicator bottle I got from my wife's beauty supply and fill it half way with RO water and keep it in the refrigerator .
Then when I'm ready to feed, I feed about five times a day I just reach in the fridge grab the bottle and squirt into the tank it works like a dream.

Mike, I've been thinking of doing something similar. When you blend it, do you find that some of the food gets too fine for the fish to pay attention to it? I'm playing with recipe ideas but am concerned with wasting some of the food/oils in the process of making the blend.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: