Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hey guys,

This is mostly a question for Manhattanites, as I guess it is very location-dependent, but feel free to chime in if you see the same in another borough.

Basically, till last week, I was seeing the TDS of my water "straight out of the faucet" at around 46 ppm. Since last week, it looks like it has tripled and is around 128ppm.

As far as I know, there was no direct work on the building water lines. But just in case... is anybody else seeing the same thing?

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
some how i only usually see about 10-15 in my water in south staten island. Maybe everything has fallen out by the time it gets down here to the end of the line.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Geraud, let your water tun for 3 minutes straight, then check the tds.
Stuff gets built up in your pipes when the water is used for a little while, it clears out after a minute or so, when this happens.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hi Rookie, sadly even after a couple of hours it is still at the levels I have mentioned.

I am actually starting to wonder if it is not a building thing indeed, since they are redoing one of the apartments, they might have done some pipe work too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: