glipper69

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just bought this reactor off another reefer on RC, but it did not come with any setup instructions I was wondering if anyone uses this reactor and if anyone has the directions for it, I would be willing to buy a copy from anyone.

thanks,
Frank

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
FRank,
CAll me at 917-589809 and i'll fax it to u tommorow from work.
Keep in mind ,to run this reactor properly u need a good peristaltic pump..
I use Cole-palmer one,they not cheapbut u can get one of Ebay for a good price. Without peristaltic pump u gonnahave a problem to set it up and keep ca/alk in control
mike

Rating - 100%
26   0   1
You can also use a strong diaphram pump as well (as I do)...they also don't have any issues with tubing being periodically replaced. They are typically cheaper (mine was new Ebay for like $35.00).
You want to run more water than most calcium reactor usually do, as well as more C)2...the upside is that you may be able to run it for a short period of the day. I would also use a PH monitor...

Enjoy!

d.

Rating - 100%
26   0   1
Not a diaphram pump for aquarium use....look for those Champion Lighting water change type...they are meant for chemical dosing and dilution in industrial settings. Stronger than peristaltic...I have two that also change water on my acropora tank...they can move water like 100'...mine only goes 20' to my sink. There's one or two I just saw on Ebay after a quick look. You need to find one safe in a salt environment. Look on Champion Lighting or Aquatic Eco if you don't mind spending the money.

d.

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I found those :) but I cant find anything on Ebay. My cole parmer I JUST bought a brand new head for which cost over 100 bux But im looking for something a lil smaller then it I hope to find one of these soon. Also I was wondering which size I should look for, for a full blown SPS tank ???

glipper69

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
why is a dosing pump needed for this reactor? I was just reading the directions and all they recommend is plumbing it into the return line from the main pump. which sounds to me like I could just use a small dedicated pump.
can you enlighten me as to why these pumps are needed.

thanks,
Frank

glipper69

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I emailed schuran corporate with the question about the pump and what they recommend.

This is there response:
"Dear Frank,

you need a dosing pump which pumps 20 - 50 litre / hour. Or you can connect it with an existing pressure line.

Best regards,
Sigrid K?pper"

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: