PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all,

I've fought with Dino's before and it killed my 100+ head hammer coral only leaving me 1 survivor. They're starting to come back again. I brought Dino X from BRS but the instructions are vague at best. I see that I need to remove carbon and GFO. What about my Chaeto? Will it kill it?
Also, do I need to turn my lights off or can I keep them on their normal dawn/dusk cycle.
Thanks!

Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Im on dose 6 now with no change :grumpy:. Im gonna do then next 2 with a lights out period and see if the 2 work together. My bigger problem now is my Po4 its always been high and with no gfo running for 10+ days now the GHA is all over the place and sps have started to brown... I really freaking hate Dino's.....

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hey, I just beat my Dino, for now, with a blackout period of 3 days, combined with raising my mag level 100 pts and a bottle of that stuff that instantly cycles new tanks. FYI

Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So in my case dino-x didn't not work.... I did not go the full 21 days only because of my high po4. I don't know if it's the po4 or dion-x but I lost some sps. So I stopped dosing @14 days. I'm gonna try and get my po4 back in control again and hopefully salvage all my browned out sps.... As for the tank I think I'm fighting a losing battle with the Dino's. The gfo and carbon are back on and I'm starting to vodka dose the tank to help lower the po4/no3. I don't want to do a water change yet cause that will feed the Dino's. I've been siphoning the Dino into a filter sock and back into the tank at this point i don't know what else to do at this point.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: