KaeSean

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I'm setting up a new reef tank. I would like to record my tanks progress however I want tank surveillance. I am not interested in changing batteries or charging a device. I want a waterproof device I can drill into my canopy and have sitting into the water hidden where I can monitor the video from my cell phone or iPad. The wire can be staple gunned down the inside of the canopy and plugged in. Does anyone else have this and if so what video system do you have? any input would be great, thank you!

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
There is an app for free that allows you to set up an old iPhone as a camera.. as long as you have it plugged into a charger 24/7 the camera shouldn't turn off. It doesn't have that hidden quality you want but potentially completely free for you.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I use a window suction cup mount (Panavise 809 Camera Window Suction-Cup Mount) on the side of my tank with a D-Link 5020L IP camera and I'm very pleased with the setup.
One corner of my tank is next to a wall so the camera and mount is not noticeable, or not noticeable as much as if the tank was sitting against the middle of a wall.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: