BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Wow! I'm taking my 265 today and going over what I would've done different. Radions did go thru my mind but I'd need at least 6,, and at $700 a pop, that's a lot of dough! Looks good though

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I run the Shallow natural reef template at 100%. Lights on at 10 AM and off at 9PM. The template provides a nice gentle slope up to full intensity and back down again. If I were to change anything about it, I would flatten the peak and extend the 12K ( all channels at 100%) by a hour or 2.

See that's where I'm also confused,, I see people with the same exact radion on tanks that are anywhere from 12 to 30 inches deep, and they have the lights at 100% during peak. In my mind I'm thinking 100 for a shallow tank should be really 40,50,60etc. Can those things be calibrated?

Last edited:
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Mine are also about 8" above the water line. B-Ionic 2-Part for Ca and Alk. Arid C-30 reactor, no skimmer ( actually a very small, seriously underated skimmer ) and iron and manganese supps. for the chaeto in the reactor. Occasional NO3 additions as well to keep NO3 at 3-5 PPm. Carbon as needed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: