rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Hey all!
Ive moved to Indiana, and I'm thinking about setting up a small tank, which will eventually become a QT for me when I buy a home and have a "real" tank set up.

What are everyone's thoughts on this Deep Blue tank?

The tank is 36"x18"x12". I'd be paying $200 for the tank and $200 for the stand. Both are brand new from a store.

I couldn't find this tank anywhere online, so I'm thinking it has been discontinued and I'm getting a good deal.

Please let me know!!

IMG_7325_zpstatoocbt.jpg

IMG_7324_zpsmjehnpwp.jpg

Avenged87

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this exact tank.. it is not discontinued . I am really happy with the tank.. it is a great size and seems bigger in person than the dimensions.. I would recommend this tank to anyone, I will be using it as my primary tank and Deep Blue makes a beautiful tank. I plan on using it as a FOWLR and eventually it will be a reef tank. If you want some pics let me know

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Its a nice tank, and I like deep blue. I have the 65g which is the exact same footprint, except its taller.
In my opinion there is not much to do with a 12" high tank, by the time you add sand and LR, there is little room left to play. Unless it will be a frag tank setup.
I know you want a small tank, but if you think about it, the tank you posted is a 34g? For the same space you can get a 65g, which is just taller.

Avenged87

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased it LFS here in Central NJ for 165 and I read about the bulk heads leaking but supposedly they redesigned the plumbing it which works great on my tank, no leaks no issues once so ever. I have a Sicce. 2.0 running and the plumbing kit along with the pump is extremely quiet.. as for the height and size of the tank, it seems much bigger than the dimensions suggest. It looks like a 40 or 50.. I have a deep sand bed and mine appears to have plenty of height. It's a well designed tank and is very aesthetically pleasing.. pm me your number and I'll send you a pic of the tank up and running.. I built the stand 5inches taller and it is sweet.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Thank you for the info guys!! Now I know what price to negotiate!!
I want this as a little tank for my apt, and it will be a QT when we buy a home and I set up the monster.
I may go with the 65, same footprint with almost double the volume may help.

Indiana is great! Everything is easy & CHEAP!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: