dowellmj

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised the cloudiness has not gone though, it wasn't in the water column until I basted the rockwork so the canister should have taken care of it (especially in a couple of days) does that point more to a crappy filter not working as it should - I know subjective as you don't know the volume of detritus.

The eheim is 3x tank capacity and from my experience are pretty good.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm pretty sure it's ammonia chloride, got it from a chemical warehouse in the city, and actually it's not an old school trick, also there never was a debate over whether to use it or not. The other stuff, it's just a source of ammonia, the levels of it would be the only real issue in whether it's worth using or not.
Didn't say there was a debate over ammonia chloride. Never heard of that. Don't get how it works if you don't continue to put it, and the end game is nitrate anyway, but again, don't know, never heard of it.
Old school was an ammonia source, so you didn't have to wait for something to break down to ammonia. The debate was beer, or beer that goes throu you as piss, and that was way before any quick cycle stuff i was aware of.
Yes i'm showing my age, and yes i have pee'd in tanks, lol, and yes it worked

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I am surprised the cloudiness has not gone though, it wasn't in the water column until I basted the rockwork so the canister should have taken care of it (especially in a couple of days) does that point more to a crappy filter not working as it should - I know subjective as you don't know the volume of detritus.

The eheim is 3x tank capacity and from my experience are pretty good.

You've got some sort of microorganism bloom/flock and if you can move it into your water column, any filter feeder, such as a live clam or muscle will take care of that. Also, you may not have enough current, since the bio flock is settling out of the water column.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: