Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of moving and decided that now is the best time to get a new tank. I picked up a used but great condition DSA 105 gallon rimless tank. I am also making the switch from 2 x 250 watt metal halides to two Kessil A360we. I am going to set this up in the new house and then break down my 90 gallon and transfer all livestock. I will updated with new pictures and progress. I am starting to get rid of all soft corals in the tank and keep mainly SPS and a couple LPS corals.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 187
  • lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 185

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got the tank set up in my new house. All the fish survived for 5 days in a Rubbermaid stock tank but I lost almost all of my acros. I still have my stylophora, montis and all my LPS.
dd18fb9caf794817a3104df3bd9e8590.jpg

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Two won't do the job for growing SPS. I have 4 Kessils 350w on my 90 gal. You would get nice color but the growth will be slow. Some SPS will do better than others. I also had to add two T5 and Strip of blue LEDs. Beautiful tank

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. The tank looked basically brand new when I got it. So far everything is doing well. I plan on ordering the spectral controller next so I have a little better control. I actually had to turn the kessils down a little for now because the corals on the top were starting to bleach. I was a little surprised because these corals have been under 250 watt radiums until now. I have them set at around 50% intensity. I am probably going to get a third fixture and see how that goes for growth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: