heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Recently loss all my fish due to Marine Velvet, it is a quick deadly killer. All fish less than 24 hours gone. The sad thing is I cured some of the fish of Ich using the tank transfer method prior but placed them all in a tank with fish that had Marine Velvet.

I've noticed a lot of LFS that have fish with Marine Velvet and sometimes because of poor lighting it is hard to notice or see. So if at all possible set up a QT tank. I know this is hard to do, i used to live in an apartment and because of that was unable to set up a QT tank.

From what I noticed my fish were able to deal with MV for the most part but when stressed out due to aggression in the tank that is when it really took hold of my fish.

Here is some great info on MV, sorry i know the link is from another forum but hope it is okay. There is a lot of great info and pics all in one place....

Good luck and happy reefing!

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/velvet-amyloodinium-ocellatum.217570/

Last edited:

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Oh man I had a almost wipe out few yrs ago luckily now that my system has matured and all fish been in system a while eating like pigs haven't seen it since

Ur right about the stress and aggression that's will make any issues worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Sorry to hear about your loss.
I had a total wipe out last year summer in my 120g. I actually let the tank sit for 6 months without fish. I stocked with several inverts and lots of corals during the fallow period.
I finally added new fish this past January, and only have 5 so far, compared to almost 20 fish before. So taking it very slowly...
Every fish now goes through a strict 2 month QT process.

Sent from my SM-NCC-1701C using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: