heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Any one have experience doing this? Any advice or should i just take down the entire tank to do it? I have always used a lifereef overflow box on my 125 gallon but would like to get a glass-hole overflow box or eshopps eclipse overflow box so I can run the herbie method but that would require I drill the tank.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Empty the tank first. Theres always a risk of cracking the glass. Even if you lower your tank to be at 3/4 level which is i think what you were looking to do... Theres still the chance that ~100 gallons of water can end up on your floor. Not thw chance i would want to take

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Make sure the pane of glass you'r drilling isn't tempered. Make sure the bit is in good shape. Go slow and don't push the bit. Don't worry about the glass fillings that fall into the water, but instead worry about keeping the glass cool. Have someone else spraying the glass with a spray bottle to keep it cool. I would drill from the inside out

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I'd pick up another 125, drill it and get everything ready to go then just swap it all over in one day. Sell the original 125 to recoup money.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: