b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
That is true to a extent. There were fish I didn't notice or see on some lfs sales or at there store but then other stores i did notice them. For example no one had or got Achilles in but one store did as well as chevrons

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It's very possible that the Achilles and Chevrons that they had were from before or the supplier had a very limited amount, so only a select few got them. Neither of these fish are rare or delicate where a LFS wouldn't had brought them in, unless the price was very very expense but even then it probably wouldn't have been an issue. Once again it most likely came down to what was available.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Most all lfs get their fish from the same sources. Not every store uses the same exact source at the same exact time. Most new avenues of new sources turn out to be more trouble, and less reliable than they're worth. If there's only a small amount of a certain fish, like a chevron or Achilles collected, not every lfs can get them, even if you want them all to have some so you can shop around for who will give you the best price

wheights

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I don't have a qt tank. Newbie mistake also just dont want to run another system. I have copper in my tank hopefully it will kill everything off with prazipro as well.
If these does become a problem I'm going to have to run a qt.
Do you guys use a 10 qt or 40g?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
My set up consists of a 72 gallon bow that I put fish in for observation if I'm buying a few larger sized fish. If I notice anything I then have a 20 gallon long that I use for treatment. My treatment of choice now is chloroquine phosphate as well as prazipro but not used together. I might downsize a little and get a 40 breeder but then again there's only 3 or 4 more fish I'm looking to get

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Unfortunately I don't have a qt tank. Newbie mistake also just dont want to run another system. I have copper in my tank hopefully it will kill everything off with prazipro as well.
If these does become a problem I'm going to have to run a qt.
Do you guys use a 10 qt or 40g?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

you should'nt put coral in a tank that had copper in it. i read it could kill them.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I think the title should be
Who and Why it's important to Qt Black Friday Fish..no one discussing deaths in this thread...

Actually it's very common for people to discuss what is alive, or sick, then when things die. Usually when something dies the person will go silent about it. I understand why, outside of the money, people don't like to buy something that they really wanted and just have it die.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I don't think fish deaths is that serious. I understand someone being upset about how much money they spent and a fish dying but it's not like anyone on this thread asked anyone where they bought the fish. It was just a couple weeks back we had a thread going on how bad and unsafe it was to buy fish same day BUT Black Friday comes around and we all do it. I'm 1,000% positive myself and the other guy who had a death were not the only 2

Silkyslim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
With the amount of fish disease parasites out there. It is worth it to qt regardless of where/when you get a fish. I never did until I got burned. Lost every fish I owned. A 20 gallon bb tank with pvc heater and powerhead are is all you really need.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: