chiromanta

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Usually, the larger one, which you hope to be female goes in to the box and you let the little male swim free around the box to reduce the aggression. Try it. Otherwise she can kill the male before he even have a chance.

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Well i don't think there is a indicator except when the fish gets bigger age and aggressiveness the last one doesn't matter in your case as they are both not showing any aggression now your best bet is to just wait and see what happens one of them (probably the same as last time) will start showing the other some aggression its then when you can make the assessment whether the male will give in or is getting beaten up if its getting beaten up i recommend separating them and trying to match them with different fish
personally i would take out the really aggressive one and replace with a smaller or bigger fish
but then again it might be better to keep the aggressive one because thats the one that would survive in the wild (it's also possible its just crazy fish have personalities too) i rather have a nice fish and our tanks are not the ocean so it doesn't really have anything that it needs to defend itself from so i would keep the nicer one

chiromanta

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Update.
Today I have notice that the clown which was the aggressive one approaches the passive one and the passive do not fight back, but turns his belly to him and wiggles. I think this is a sign of submission. Also, the aggressive one then swims back to his nem like he wants the other one to follow him. And he did that repeatedly several times. He did not attack the week one at all. as soon as he see the submission he retreats back to his nem. I hope it is a good sign.

chiromanta

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I called the small one "scarface" because he has a scar going through his cheek and eye from the fight with "Dark Queen" the aggressive one. He also lost one of pelvic fun too. But he is a live. Thats a plus.

westohooligan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This may have already been said, or suggested, but for future maroon people, a great way to pair them up is to put in a small basket or container in the aquarium with openings small enough for the would be male to escape while the female adjusts to him.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: