BKLYN REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Is it just me of has the "live"come out of the live rock I see for sale these days.

I remember years ago live rock could be found for sale frequently and the rock had all kinds of life like coralline , pests fauna and life.. I understood why it was called live rock. Is there a ban on the importing of this rock now or something.

Nowadays most rock I see for sale looks like a stale brown , commands top dollar and isn't much to look at.

Does anyone have suggestions where I can find some good live rock for sale of the fiji, pukani, tonga variety?

I get that many hobbiest go the dry rock route but I, hoping to score some live rock for my new build.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tampa Bay Rock. Go on monsterfishkeepers.Com and send Zoodiver a message. He is an friendly guy and always willing to help. He can hook you up with some carribean collectors.

I totally get your point and I too remember those days, getting Fiji live rock from companies like Walt and Smith was pretty common.

However, with all the live rock in the market and considering what is usually available in the marketplace, is it sensible to request more rock to be taken out of the ocean? Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I recently purchased Fiji and Tokota "Live Rock". It cam in damp news paper. I have been curing the rock for 3 weeks now and will probably continue for another week or two just for scheduling purposes. The rock is beautiful and testing results show that it is done cycling. I added Dr Tims which greatly helped. I should have about 100 LB left. I'll shoot you a PM then.

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Live rock comes from 2 places, the ocean or someone's existing tank. You can get Florida live rock, but it is rock placed in the ocean/gulf where it becomes incrusted/inhabited with living organisms. Native reef rock cannot be harvested anymore

Pacific live rock is still available from many online sources.

https://www.livestockusa.org/ROCK.html
https://www.liverocknreef.com/index...=502http://www.aquatictech.com/livestock.html
http://www.aquatictech.com/livestock.html

And your LFS may still carry it.

And the term "dry live rock" makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

BKLYN REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Thanks for the links to that pacific live rock. That's the kind of live rock I'm talking about. I absolutely agree that an effort should be made to protect the oceans and reel reef rock is a great alternative as well.
I was just curious to know why this rock is hard to find locally.
Thanks to all who commented.

ivandrago

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I don't understand why everyone is so upsest with live rock, it's more expensive you really don get the weight for your dollar. Dry rock can be made live and is better to aquascape with , you can create structures and sculpt things out and the most important you aren't bringing in crap in to your tank from aptasia to hitchhikers etc.

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Can you share the ebay member name?

Have one to sell? Sell now
CaribSea Life Rock for Aquariums. 40lbs
Be the first to write a review.
Email to friendsShare on Facebook - opens in a new window or tabShare on Twitter - opens in a new window or tabShare on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab | Add to watch list
Seller information
amazing_fulfillment (104357 )
99.9% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
Visit store: AMAZING FULFILLMENT
See other items
Item condition:New
Quantity:

More than 10 available / 88 sold
Price:US $124.95 Buy It Now
Add to cart
31 watching Add to watch list
Add to collection
88 sold
16 inquiries
Experienced

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: