reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Why did you start a new thread to continue the fight you were having that apparently got deleted.

I really see no reason why a someone should be required to be a storefront to become a vendor here. If a regular hobbyist wants to start selling more stuff then the normal hobbyist they should be more then welcome to pay to become a vendor here. It is through donations and vendor fees that this site is able to be maintained and stays available to the community.

In my opinion vendors pay to vend because most of the content they put up here is for sale posts so it is basically their way of contributing to the site. Plus by them contributing, it keeps the website open and serves as focused advertising for their business whether that be store front, at home, or online presence. By becoming a vendor they are given their own forum to manage and put up as many posts there as they want, so it does have its perks.

Meanwhile regular old members who use this site for free are given a communal forum to post their own for sale posts which has its own rules and regulations to limit the amount a regular user is supposed to sell. This should be thought of as a gift to users to thank them for the content they put on these forums and for helping out the rest of the community. But as mentioned, there still are rules to follow and limits to how much can be sold. This is to protect those vendors who actually pay to be able to post here.

So to say someone should need to have a storefront to be a vendor makes no sense to me. Personally I think becoming a vendor should be available to anyone even if you are just a regular hobbyist selling out a frag tank. While such a person can very easily post for sale posts with the rest of the members, by allowing them to become a vendor they are helping to keep this site open for all of us to enjoy.

Plus, I don't really see the actual storefront vendors complaining about it which I'm assuming means they don't mind.

Also please note.... these are my own views on vendoring and in now ways represent the views of the moderators, manhattanreefs.com, or reefs.com.

Last edited:

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
LOL I see this debate all the time on Facebook. Let me ask, what exactly don't you want people selling that only a shop should,,, for example if a guy had a 1000 gallon tanks with HUNDREDS of pounds of live rock should he not sell it here constantly till its all gone? Or is it the coral game? Fish, tanks, lights etc I only know of as brick and mortar

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: