jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanna say F too...but it will only fill up to the lowest point of L. So that's what makes me say L.

These jokes are always something obscure like...oh it's obviously the tank that the water is coming from, that was filled first.

That was my reasoning as well.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Why would it only fill to the lowest point of L?

As the water flows from L to F and starts to fill F...once the water level in F gets equal to the bottom of L, the resistance to continue filling F is greater than the resistance for the water to start filling up L.

Anyone that's every flooded part or all of their house can attest that water seeks the path of least resistance.

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
As the water flows from L to F and starts to fill F...once the water level in F gets equal to the bottom of L, the resistance to continue filling F is greater than the resistance for the water to start filling up L.

Anyone that's every flooded part or all of their house can attest that water seeks the path of least resistance.

I'm pretty sure gavity will over come that. May depend on the speed at which water moved through the system, but as long as it's open at the top so it doesn't have trapped air causing a counter pressure then I don't see it preventing the flow.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I still say L. Okay, this is how I look at it. Chambers D,E and G are out because C is blocked off from reaching them. Chamber A starts to flow into B and onto C and J. In J it fills up halfway until it starts to flow into L but stops at the same level in the tube leading to I.
From there it continues to flow into chamber L and into the tubes to H(blocked) and F as the tubes fill up it starts to flow into F. When the level in F reaches the lowest point in chamber L it stops because there isn't enough pressure to force more water into F. As chamber L starts to fill it will push more water into chamber F but not before L fills up first.
It looks like chamber L would just overflow and none of the other chambers would get close to getting filled.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I still say L. Okay, this is how I look at it. Chambers D,E and G are out because C is blocked off from reaching them. Chamber A starts to flow into B and onto C and J. In J it fills up halfway until it starts to flow into L but stops at the same level in the tube leading to I.
From there it continues to flow into chamber L and into the tubes to H(blocked) and F as the tubes fill up it starts to flow into F. When the level in F reaches the lowest point in chamber L it stops because there isn't enough pressure to force more water into F. As chamber L starts to fill it will push more water into chamber F but not before L fills up first.
It looks like chamber L would just overflow and none of the other chambers would get close to getting filled.

Yes, but L will never fill because , is open at bottom and F is lower, so F fill first.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, but L will never fill because , is open at bottom and F is lower, so F fill first.
The OP said F is not the answer. The only way that F would fill first is if the L chamber was bigger than the F chamber. With more water volume in the L chamber there is more pressure at the tubes to force more water into the the F chamber. The chambers are open at the top so there is air pressure pushing down on the water. In order for F to fill you need more water in chamber L to counter the air pressure and push the water into chamber F.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
As someone earlier said, there are allot of variables that the original question doesn't give a definite answer to.

OP says it's not F...the online consensus says it is.

I'm sticking with whoever made this puzzle to begin with is saying its some ridiculous answer like... of course A is getting filled first, it doesn't fill up, but it is getting filled first.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: