Angelfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi all, so I've got a maculosis angel that used to eat everything, pellets, seaweed all of it. He got a bacterial infection which led to fin rot, I quarantined it, added kanaplex and it healed up, he ate a little bit of the pellets I put in thier during his 5 week quarantine. Now that he's healed I reintroduced him into the display...and he refuses to eat anything, shrimp, pellets, seaweed, he mostly ignores it, just sits swimming in place I'm a corner of the tank and occasionally swims up and around then back. Any idea what foods will get him interested? I've got selcon but not sure if that just helps with sickness or tempts fish to eat it as well. Any help is appreciated.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
It's probably not going to eat flakes or pellets or any man-made foods when it's in poor condition. Like most Pomacanthus species it's natural diet consists of sponge. There are a few company's that make frozen Angelfish formulas that contain sponge also clam on the half shell works for me with large finicky Angels like Regals etc.....don't add Selcon or any additives until it's eating consistently again. GL

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hi, if you can I would remove him from the tank and back into quarantine tank. You said he was eating prior to getting sick, a lot of times even when fish are better from some ailment they are still stressed and intimidated by tank mates. If he eats in quarantine I would let him put on some weight and maybe dose with some prazipro before putting him back in the display.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: