techhnyne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
8   2   0
Here is a pic of the sump in use.
I had bio balls in there until my bricks came in so i will be removing those now. Hob skimmer is just there till sump skimmer comes

160lbs of live rock and around 200lbs live sand all out of another tank.
After a week i have 0 amonia 0 nitrites and 0 nitrates.
Going to pick up some cheato soon. Just need to decide if i wanna grow in the sump or in reactor

Attachments

• IMG_5887.jpg
    IMG_5887.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5886.jpg
    IMG_5886.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 96

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
just noticed those return loc lines. you have something to prevent backflow, or break the siphon i hope. Otherwise I hope your sump can hold an extra 30 gallons.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Here is a pic of the sump in use.
I had bio balls in there until my bricks came in so i will be removing those now. Hob skimmer is just there till sump skimmer comes

160lbs of live rock and around 200lbs live sand all out of another tank.
After a week i have 0 amonia 0 nitrites and 0 nitrates.
Going to pick up some cheato soon. Just need to decide if i wanna grow in the sump or in reactor[/QUO

O nitrate, then try to grow Cheato, i don't think is a good plan , to have a healthy tank you need 2 to 5 ppm of Nitrate and some PO4 ( 0,02 to 0,03 ppm ) i order to have the right amount ( density ) of Bacteria , she need both and some source of Carbon ( Bio-Pellets, Vodka, Vinegar , Vit. C etc.) to have the Bio mass to form the cells. In my opinion.
I prefer B.P.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: