Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I like IC-Gel Insta Cure Cyanoacrylate Gel by Bob Smith Industries the best so far. It is thick enough to stick onto any surface even in the water. Also, most glue harden at the bottle easily after it is open. This one last a long time and never given me any trouble.

jpellica

AKA Fraghunter
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I like IC-Gel Insta Cure Cyanoacrylate Gel by Bob Smith Industries the best so far. It is thick enough to stick onto any surface even in the water. Also, most glue harden at the bottle easily after it is open. This one last a long time and never given me any trouble.
Me glue is by far the best its so thick and sets quickly a close second is the reef fanatics purple glue

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I prefer this stuff. Very economical, use individual tubes for each fragging session. Never had issues with it. I think IC gel is overpriced IMO

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YEN37K/?tag=reefs04-20

Yup, this is the stuff I use too. I used to get on amazon in the 12 pack, but Its a little cheaper to get the 2 packs at the dollar store because they are slightly bigger tubes than are included in the 12 pack i believe.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Yup, this is the stuff I use too. I used to get on amazon in the 12 pack, but Its a little cheaper to get the 2 packs at the dollar store because they are slightly bigger tubes than are included in the 12 pack i believe.

One more think:

The ones w/ Zooas pics. NO good. ( purpler color) or i may got old ones.

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Last edited:

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Use Ice-gel and Epoxy like sandwich , it hold very good.
Ice -gel few drops then Epoxy then I - gel again , press down to the place ( rock , etc. ) will glue more than you need.:biggrin:

do NOT try to locate the frag.......for ever....you may relocate depend of Frag ( coral), more light or less, more water flow or less.

https://www.chewy.com/instant-ocean...pc&utm_campaign=f&utm_content=Instant Ocean&u

Gonna try this method,,, have not had luck with any epoxy,,,,

Love the BSI IC gel, works great

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
IC gel is good but it the cap clogs up. They obviously know this is an issue because they send you two caps. If you are willing to spend a little extra money ecotech is the best glue you can buy.

You like that glue? I got a bottle of ecotech glue and totally hate it. Frags fall off, all the zoas I fragged and actually cut the flesh then glued died with ecotech glue. Never had that happen with superglue brand glue.

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
You like that glue? I got a bottle of ecotech glue and totally hate it. Frags fall off, all the zoas I fragged and actually cut the flesh then glued died with ecotech glue. Never had that happen with superglue brand glue.

Yeah its all i have been using for a past few years until my lfs ran out and had to get some ic. I don't really every cut zoas so i'm not sure about that but i do use it from my sps and to glue down frag plugs to rock and it works great.

meherbas

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
out of all the glues i?ve tried( loctite,crazy,ecotech,corriffix, ic gel) gotta say ic gel wins for convenience , two caps ( i?m a klutz i forget to put cap on or drop in water) is really handy, and the tube design you end up using the glue without losing much in the tube unlike where the bottle glue sometimes sticks to the bottom of the bottle.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hands down IC-Gel, thick and the tip never dries out. I secure frags to rocks by making a glue and putty sandwich.
I cut the stalk off the bottom of the frag leaving just the disc part. I add a few drops of glue to to the frag, then take a small ball of putty and press that onto the frag over the glue, I add some more glue to the putty that is now pressed underneath the frag. I take the frag,glue and putty sandwich and press it in the spot I want on the rock. The putty molds to the rock and the glue has more surface area to bond to. Another plus is that I'm not squeezing the tube of glue in the tank, it's all done outside the tank until the frag is ready to be placed in it's location.
Ever since I've been doing it this way I don't find frags on the sb that have broken loose, even my big bulldozer Turbo snails can't knock them over.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: