Relz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   1
Finally got my tank stocked to where I want it as far as fish are concerned and yup it happened, Ich. Man am I ****ed :mad:

Lineatus Wrasse - Supermale
Golden Rhomboid Wrasse - Supermale
Flame wrasse - Male
Rosy Scale Wrasse - Male
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang
Frostbite clowns - mated pair
Blue Dot Jawfish
Swiss Guard Basslet
Masked Swallowtail - pair
Midas Blenny
Bimac Anthias - Male
cleaner wrasse

All are eating and looking pretty normal except for Purple and Rhomboid. They both show visible signs of it. Still eating but Purple didn't eat as aggressively as he normally does. The tank is a 150g SCA, emerald sump with refugium and BK mini 200 RD3 skimmer. Almost impossible to remove all of my fish and treat for it. I do have a 40 breeder, 10g and 20g tank in my basement. Man I just don't have the time, salt available at the moment or RO available to set up hospital tanks for all of these fish. :mad::mad::mad: Just venting I guess. What a day :grumpy::grumpy:

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Maybe try hyposalinity? If you dont have any other coral or anything that could be affected. Idk just throwing ot out there maybe someone else can chime in. I lost all my fish recently to Velvet. I know ur pain

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
MetroPlex worked for me. Now I run a UV as well and knock on wood have not had any issues. I would say if you go the UV route - go as big as you can. Over size. You wont regret it. I run a 80W on my 300 gallon system.

Andyv2004

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Sorry to hear man it really stinks. The only thing that has work for me is hyposalinty just like one the fellow reefers said. Have to let the tank go fallow for at least I think is 6 weeks? It's been a really long time since I dealt with ICH!

MDreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry to hear that. As long as the fish are eating they have a good chance of surviving it. Just make sure it?s not velvet..

There are recent studies showing metro laced foods being effective against external parasites, as long as you can get the fish to eat it. Also, can try new life spectrum ick shield which contains chloroquine phosphate (although of suspect purity). Good luck!

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Finally got my tank stocked to where I want it as far as fish are concerned and yup it happened, Ich. Man am I ****ed :mad:

Sucks man, been there many times unfortunately.

If you can't pull fish out and leave the tank fallow then make sure fish are happy and there is no aggression in the tank and fish are stress free.

If purple and rhomboid get worse then have a tank ready to transfer them out and treat.

My 2 cents, good luck!

smallreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Selcon and garlic such as Kent Garlic Extreme. If eating and water quality good along with what I those supplements have good chance. Ive used above on new fish who became so overrun with ich you couldn't see the color of the fish anymore and survived and further thrived / overcome. Other fish in the tank benefit from as well to raise their immune system once the ich breeds to fight parasites.

bklynpapi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.2%
166   3   0
Try herbtana for ich

Safe for reef tanks
Follow instructions strictly

This only option that has worked for me the past

And don't try to many different options because it will stress the fish out

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   1
update: Kept up with Selcon and Kent Garlic. Almost tore apart the entire tank to catch Purple tang. Gave him a fresh water dip because he wasn't looking to good or eating well. Fortunately he and all other fish appear to have pushed through it. I did loose a bunch of coral during the tang capture as I removed a bunch of them and placed in a holding bin that just didn't work out too well. Overall I'm happy. I for the moment appear to have saved my fish. I almost cried watching my purple and rhomboid go through this :mad:

Planning after the new year to set up a 125 for temporary treatment in my basement and
just what I think is a good idea to have a very large tank available incase of any issues like this in the future.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
not many options to treat a reef tank as mentioned. I am just chiming in here but doesn't every tank at some point have ich wheher we see it or not? It is so hard to be ich free. However, not sure if this works for everyone but I always soak my frozen food in garlic before feeding and I really have never had any visible signs of ich. Some say it boosts their immune systems other are against it. I guess its personal preference..
My question is how can we fully avoid an ich outbreak? Even if a fish is QT'd for required time and treating cant this develop from stress and being picked on? I'm no expert by any means this is just what I thought. Please correct me if I am wrong and anyone feel free to chime in on this. Its always a debateable topic.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: