House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Please respond to this poll and I will keep track of the results. The site operator is looking into the ability to having polls for future use. Until then, I would like full participation from the mebership on the following question - please limit your answer to "yes", "no" or "No Preference" as they are all I will keep track of.

Question:

"Should Manhattanreefs allow web-vendors or storefronts the ability to sell thier items in the "For Sale, For Trade" forum?"

Please answer as a reply to this post with a Yes/No/NO Preference answer -

Thanks so much for participating and look for the results in the near future.

Jim

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No.

I agree with House. There should be a separte forum for vendors and store fronts for this type of thing. The discout things for members is a great idea.

Also on that note, hate to get away from the topic, but I have bought stuff from Chris (ReefFantasy) and his fish were the healthiest fish I have ever bought and he was great to deal with. Chris is not a store-front or a web vendor......yet. So I ahd no problem with him posting in the For Sell/Trade Forum.

Rebels23

L

lucky reefer

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
rebel i am not questioning chris's fish even if they are the healthiest fist or the worst fish he is getting his fish direct from over seas and that is the cheapiest way to get fish so there is no reason why his prices should be that high

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
keep it in a separate section.

I don't say this because of the fish listing, I just think that a separate section for sales/deals etc. is cleaner.

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
No

Keep it in a seprate section.

In addition, venders should be encouraged to offer some kind of benefit to the members in their post.

In the case or group buys and what not, I think it?s great when the vender jumps in the thread and offers information/advise. Like Brian did in the Logical group buy

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
No... I agree with keeping it separate. Also since we're building up a good block of people it would make sense to have vendors offer us discounts.

Another problem that I see is there are banner ads running on the site, if I was the vendor and had to pay to place my ad and others vendors just posted for free I would be upset.

Michael

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, good idea.

A new forum has been created specifically for commercial and non reefer-to-reefer sales.

If you have a price list, or specials you wish to offer to the community, please feel free to post it in there.

Also, if you are interested in a banner ad, please let us know.

Thanks!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: