Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I have been thinking about getting a powder blue tang for a while now ,are there any areas that a powder blue is collected that are better than others ,do certain areas give better coloring than others for this fish ?I have read that the Maldives have the nicer powder blues..he will be q/t for months before I even think about putting him in my 400 gallon .I've learnt my lesson. With the Achilles tang ...in the tank now.i have
Hippo
Kole
Yellow
Purple
Scopes
The powder blue will be my last one

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I hear u man .see can cause some problems .I had an Achilles that was great then got full off sick and took a few fish with him ...thats y I haven't bought another one .but the one mistake I did do was not q/t ing him .so maybe if I q/t and treat with copper..i would may have had a better result

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I hear u man .see can cause some problems .I had an Achilles that was great then got full off sick and took a few fish with him ...thats y I haven't bought another one .but the one mistake I did do was not q/t ing him .so maybe if I q/t and treat with copper..i would may have had a better result

Doesn't matter on the qt cause when he gets stressed it all comes out. Imo. Qt is great then he's all clean and now to population and BAM.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0

If you're going to treat him I would treat with Hypo instead of copper, as PBT don't seem to do well with copper.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Doesn't matter on the qt cause when he gets stressed it all comes out. Imo. Qt is great then he's all clean and now to population and BAM.

That would mean the population wasn't clean....

All fish even tangs can be 100% ich free if treated properly.

Powder blue is my favorite tang and can get aggressive but that is the nature of most tangs in the confines of an aquarium. I've treated a few powder blues with cupramine and they do very well.

my 2 cents.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I think its also important to note that your tank can be 100% disease free, but all it takes is one drop of water to infect your tank.

I once got some cheato from someone and a few days after my tank had an ich out break. Its easy to blame the fish but ich can come from anywhere.

Good luck....

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Charlie you know I had mine for 17 years and all good advise given, but IMO in larger tanks it?s not as aggressive. That said a QT is a must and it being the last tang is also helpful, but I would get one about the same size as the others because they would be the bullies until it?s acclimated. A large acclimation box would help. I use a large critter box for larger fish.....and yes the Maldives are more vibrant. GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
PB Tang is one of my favorite fish, here is mine, no complaints so far.
IMG_2027.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: