piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are true hobbiest that would honor they word. But things happen and since it's just a verbal commitment it's just a deal that didn't work out. Sometimes it works out and sometimes you lose out. At least you didn't lose money. Usually the the community in hobby is friendly and people like to help each other. But than again always someone looking to screw or make more money on someone. Just a lesson learned ....

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I think Albano's scenario of taking fish with the setup most likely happened. Either way i dont understand why theres still few people dont simply text back.

Last edited:

SI REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.5%
63   3   0
There are a lot of (flake)s on her) but also a lot of stand up members.. I actually have a negative feedback from a kid that wanted to trade a tank I was selling for designer clowns... when I asked for a pic, he sent internet pictures of fish he didn't have..
I messaged him and said selling tank to another member... Then I got the feedback..

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
You got off easy is how I see it. You should be joyful. There are members and vendors here I would never do business with again.

jpellica

AKA Fraghunter
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
First, I have no idea who you are referring to... That being said, if he's leaving the hobby, he may not be concerned with being 'put on blast'... But what could have happened was that the person buying the tank/equipment said that he wanted the wrasses as part of the sale, and the seller was forced to let them go.

IME, unless $ has exchanged hands and the item is in MY possession, the deal is not done or guaranteed.

Amen this happens all the time thats why if you want something that bad Paypal to hold. Otherwise it means nothing this has happen to me so many times all you can do is move on there will be another deal in a few minutes so move on.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I have however done pay pal and then had to go through hell to get my money back due to some shady *** people at times , it?s a win or loss situation most of the time , what can you don?? Just build a good repore will people in a tight circle and work you way out slowly as you get to know more people ! That?s what I did and it worked out good here for a few years.

saltykid85

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have a list of people I purposely don't respond to when I list something for sale. Reasons vary as to why, but the aforementioned reason is one of them.

Others include: request after request for photos, and nothing more from the same person.

Constant offers for trades, of items I wouldn't take for free.

And lastly, the most disgusting, fish flippers. It's bad enough to buy a tank for 100, then try to sell it for 1500, but I'm talking fish , livestock. Fish already go thru enough with one acclimation, let alone many

I had a guy buy a Tang off me for 150 (+/- 50) can't recall, and list it for sale for 500 the following day. It's one thing if the fish was aggressive, or getting bullied, but that's just straight up...well can't use the word here.

Feel sorry for that fish

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I cut five frags for a trade deal last week. Frags Valued at about $100, trade value about $45. As I'm about to leave my house I called the guy. He never answered, texted mins later. I'll call you back, never did.
I got off easy in all fairness.

Last edited:

junker68

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Happened to me.
Not going to go into details, but when prices and items are agreed upon and there is continual contact, there should be the decency to follow through on the transaction.
But, I'm a firm believer in karma.
It always comes around.
Anyway, this is a nice forum/site and I'm glad I stumbled upon it.
Dwayne

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
There are too
Many people on here full of ..... they spend all day buy and sell like it?s the stock market. It a forum for a hobby an auction block. It ok to buy and sell but for some it?s a business without the store front. There people on here always selling something. This is not Craigslist. What really burns me are the dudes that are getting there stuff at whole sale and selling at retail price. Can we get some of those discounts too. Why should a bout from you if the LFS is selling the same thing at the same price. At least they have an official over head. There was a clown on here that I gave my whole set up too because he said he was trying to get into the hobby. Just to find out he was doing that to resell everything thing he got. For free from people. But anyway enough am getting off my soap box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrcrab125

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a list of people I purposely don't respond to when I list something for sale. Reasons vary as to why, but the aforementioned reason is one of them.

Others include: request after request for photos, and nothing more from the same person.

Constant offers for trades, of items I wouldn't take for free.

And lastly, the most disgusting, fish flippers. It's bad enough to buy a tank for 100, then try to sell it for 1500, but I'm talking fish , livestock. Fish already go thru enough with one acclimation, let alone many

I had a guy buy a Tang off me for 150 (+/- 50) can't recall, and list it for sale for 500 the following day. It's one thing if the fish was aggressive, or getting bullied, but that's just straight up...well can't use the word here.

Feel sorry for that fish

We remember.
https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/sale-trade/207194-f-s-koi-tang.html

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Those ones should be kicked off the site if you want to know the truth. Sadly we just have to tolerate the buggers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: