reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
im actually pretty sure algaebarn doesnt sell amphipods, they only sell several species of copepods and live baby brine shrimp. But it still is a great company to purchase from. have made several pod purchases from them in the past.

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
While i don?t recommend buying from this company (don?t expect good customer service, they did improve in the past 2 years though)
they have the best deals on amphipods especially when they are on sale aquariumdepot.com i never got anything bad in the pods but it doesn?t hurt to go through them before you put them into your tank

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Yeah they suck when the weather is bad! I got three freee orders of pods because each time I ordered it was a huge delay or the packaging was open and some died. I buy from them thru amazon prime

ZippysFunLand

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have to agree with ourcoralreef on his statement about AquariumDepot. They change their name every few years because a quick google search yields pages and pages of terrible stories. They used to be reefs2go, and before that they were something else.

I had to threaten legal action to get them to stop shipping me dead corals over and over again. It's a shame too because they have the best deals on amphipods by far. I dont need amphipods that badly though, I'll never ever do business with them again.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I personally head over to Ft totem myself for snails, shrimps and pods.. People capture butterflies, spadefish, gobies, pipefish, sea horses, pufferfish, burrfish, sea robins, stonefish, etc. using seine nets out on Long Island. The ocean is full of life. There are also different species of macro algae, which I collect, plus once time I picked up a spiny scallop, which settled in my tank. The most exotic thing I've collected, besides the listed stuff, was a 3 inch, striped remora, which was attached to a trigger, while fishing. The only parasites I've ever spotted, were copepod species, which are easily caught during in quarantine.

rhdoug

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 20 bucks for 100. Not sure if it is exactly 100 but I am happy with what I get from them. You can order them directly from their website and get the correct info there. They are good about phone calls as well. They called me to reschedule delivery when it was super cold. If you are adventurous I know that PaulB catches his own locally...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: