nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
been talking to a couple of reefers some old school, hearing , they use to go for low, why did they jump up in price besides the america doller dropping.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It's called inflation and depreciation of the dollar. Super octane was like $1, pizza was like $.75 a slice, smokes was like $2. $20 get you a full tank of gas, smokes a slice of pizza and a drink back in the days. Also back in the day was about quailty, now even USA made good is just slightly better then China made shits. Even snap on tools are like **** now. We are in a global state where its quantity over quality. Produce **** and buy new **** wen the **** breaks, Television, cars, refridgarators even those items are pretty much disposable items now. Who would have thought a shitty old as house built in 1920 with a bathrooms that's never been renovated would go for 2million bucks in Brooklyn.

nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
lol guys sorry for the confusion , i just wondered why corals are so exp well toward the higher end (200 to 300 a ) frag :( i was refering to bit coin, as a hype as it soared toward 20 k a peice

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
lol guys sorry for the confusion , i just wondered why corals are so exp well toward the higher end (200 to 300 a ) frag

I've been in this hobby for a long time and this has really gotten bad. Tiny frags for prices of colony, corals for over $1k.... etc..

But at the end of the day, if people are willing to pay those prices more power to them.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
lol guys sorry for the confusion , i just wondered why corals are so exp well toward the higher end (200 to 300 a ) frag :( i was refering to bit coin, as a hype as it soared toward 20 k a peice

First off your money ain't worth that much anymore, second would be 20 years ago there weren't as much reefers in the hobby. I also believe a lot of the higher end colored corals are morphs from newer lights and technology, so they tend to be more rare from their original counter parts. People just like to pay more for "rare", "collectors items". Look at all the rare color bubble tip anemones now going for high dollars, 20 years ago keeping bubble tips alive was like nearly impossible.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: