KingPringles

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
After a few frustrating hours of plumbing my new tank upgrade, I still have a leaking bulkhead on my return pipe. New bulkhead, gasket on the water side, cleared of any sand, dried before install, no silicone/epoxy/Teflon.

Currently dripping from the outer part of the nut at 1 drop every 15-20 seconds.

Do I need to worry or is this something salt creep will correct (so I've read).

Thanks,

KingPringles

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You need to fix this. Give it another quarter turn. Use a set of pliers or put a rubber glove on your hand for grip.
Did this with gloves and turned an additional 1mm...seems to have stopped the drip. Past two mornings have been dry so moment of truth tonight when I fill up the sump and run the return!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Sounds like part of the fitting is a little "thinner" then the rest, forming a space, so it just takes more force to squeeze the gasket. 2 gaskets would also do the trick, or sand smooth the contact area, There may be a protrusion that is too thick, preventing the seal, as seam that needs to be removed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: