Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I've seen many myself, and I not referring to YouTube videos. My buddy is just one who haven't done water change in years. And why folks thing detritus is bad? My buddy have about an inch in one of his frag Tanks accumulating over the years.

vincent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
241   0   0
I don?t know if you call it a success or not but I don?t do water change for almost a Year now.
This is my tank!

Attachments

• CCF25107-818B-449B-B5CA-E6374FB2C6BE.jpg
    CCF25107-818B-449B-B5CA-E6374FB2C6BE.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 4EB0358A-EC84-4D68-8332-86C64578183B.jpg
    4EB0358A-EC84-4D68-8332-86C64578183B.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 127
  • F184388B-1D58-4DFA-996B-0CE135C40B53.jpg
    F184388B-1D58-4DFA-996B-0CE135C40B53.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 123
  • E51A1C35-C48A-4E39-A0A1-B71D6E7526FE.jpg
    E51A1C35-C48A-4E39-A0A1-B71D6E7526FE.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 122

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I've seen many myself, and I not referring to YouTube videos. My buddy is just one who haven't done water change in years. And why folks thing detritus is bad? My buddy have about an inch in one of his frag Tanks accumulating over the years.

Is he by any chance exporting phosphates with large vets of cheito or some other means of waste removal? Just don't want to give the impression that you can just put water in the tank and say f*** it and everything will be just fine

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I just started so I can?t really say anything but my reason for going this route this time around is that when my tank was running before I use to see a big difference in the look of my corals when I took long to do a water change so I said this time I will try no WC. Simple as that for me.
I run carbon 24/7
Rowa 24/7
Biopellets 24/7
Dose daily cal,alk and mag(16% of my daily alk dose)
Also dose balling ultra light trace elements daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
241   0   0
Nice tanks
So those that are claiming they don't do any water changes is that all that you do or do you dose to make up for lost elements?

And how long have the tanks been set up for?

If you are talking about my tank
1st and 2nd pictures June 2017 after reefpalooza all corals transferred to this new tank and told my self try not to do water changes because every time I do water changes some of my sps not doing very well it?s like I can?t grow sps. That?s why I deside to stop water changing, but I do water test every Sunday and I dose cal,alkalinity, magnesium, strontium and acropower, once a month siphoned our the detritus.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I just started so I can?t really say anything but my reason for going this route this time around is that when my tank was running before I use to see a big difference in the look of my corals when I took long to do a water change so I said this time I will try no WC. Simple as that for me.
I run carbon 24/7
Rowa 24/7
Biopellets 24/7
Dose daily cal,alk and mag(16% of my daily alk dose)
Also dose balling ultra light trace elements daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE! green best of luck.
Hay man you still have all your wrasses?

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
1st and 2nd pictures June 2017 after reefpalooza all corals transferred to this new tank and told my self try not to do water changes because every time I do water changes some of my sps not doing very well it?s like I can?t grow sps. That?s why I deside to stop water changing, but I do water test every Sunday and I dose cal,alkalinity, magnesium, strontium and acropower, once a month siphoned our the detritus.

Nice tank I'm glad that's working out for you and you're doing the extra stuff so it's not like you're just not doing water changes and having a great looking tank

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Is he by any chance exporting phosphates with large vets of cheito or some other means of waste removal? Just don't want to give the impression that you can just put water in the tank and say f*** it and everything will be just fine

I think when you talk about people not having to do water change what is missing from that discussion is that they have other things to remove waste and keep nitrates and such in check. This like refugs, algae scrubbers, skimmers, denitrators, plus Kal, Alk, and Cal drips help to keep water conditions in check and can help eliminate the need for water changes.

bereleah

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

WOW outstanding growth, amazing beautiful tank.

Can i please see the system supporting this tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: