b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Just curious to what people?s answers would be.
How many fish do you think would be possible to put into a 20 gallon long with hang on back filter. In filter is ceramic media that was seeded with bio spira and has been in sump for about 2 months. Also a bag of siporax that has been in sump for months?
Same thing but difference is a 30 gallon tank. How many fish would you think is feasible to keep?
Last but not least would be a 55 gallon
All fish will/would be maximum size 2 1/2 inches
All fish will go through a 30 day proactive treatment of chloroquine phosphate

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It really depends on how large the bio filter is that you're going to have in the filter. If it's large then you should be able to handle a good amount of fish, if it's smaller than that will cut down on fish. You also need to take into account what you'll be feeding the fish, as some fish will need more food than others. The thing is all you really need to be concerned about is can the bio that you'll be using convert the ammonia and nitrites over into nitrates, which water changes will take care of, that is what is going to put a limit on you.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I say 5-6 2.5? in a 20 gallon.

You could get away with more if you had a well established canister filter running ceramic media.

I would make sure to get one of those ammonia alert in tank sticky thing.

Lastly cp does not treat flukes so make sure fish aren?t twitching.

Good luck

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
the type of fish really make the difference as well as clean up crew and so forth, ive been running a 10g system for about a year and a half with no skimmer, 2 clowns 2 red dragonets, 2 flaming prawn gobies, 1 cleaner shrimp 3 nass snails and 3 hermits, have to clean glass about once a week and once a month 1g wc

Silkyslim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Also type of food comes into play. Lay off nori and flakes for tangs. It will foul up a 20 gal quickly with no water change. I find feeding pellets is a easier cleaner option. Just don?t over feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I?m curious to opinions. I was just doing some research and came across a product by fauna marina called bacto reef balls. Supposed to be these jelly like balls filled with bacteria. It helps reduce and maintain ammonia. Nitrites. Nitrates. Phosphates. Supposovely. Do you think these would work in a qt tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: