alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
That is the type of endorsement I was looking for.

I will get the color I want out my SPS yet.

Where did you get the meter and test kits for $200?

Happy, now you got your endorsment, so open up your wallet and buy it!

Matt, i dont know why you are so confused, $200 is NOT a special deal, that is the price of it that you see on DrF&S!!! Sheeesh, talk about people that need to even believe that full price is a deal! :lol2:

Henry, when using phosphate removers (RowaPhos, Phosban, Phosguard, etc) you still need to be able to test your water to A) see which one is most effective on your system, and more importantly B) to know when the media is exausted. if you are changing it out every month, but it is getting used up within the first week, you're still going to have the phosphates building up. at the same time, if it can actually keep working for 2 months, then you're really just using twice as much media as you need to use and wasting money there.
In other words, it can help direct you as to how big of a phosphate problem you have so that you know how aggressive you need to be to tackle it.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I don't care about the $5

I is just that you selfishly bought the last one that DrF&S had, and now I will have to wait if I want to buy it from them.
ok, i tell you what, since you dont care about the price. i'll give you mine for $300, or tell me where you plan to buy yours and i'll buy it before you and sell it to you for $350 (because u'll be running out of places). :sgrin:
and for the record, i bought it before you posted this thread up, so your 'dibs' dont count. i guess it doesnt sell very much which would explain why they only hold an inventory of 1 unit.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
i bought it it's easy to use. i have the low range one. the only complaint is that for 180$$ it should come with test kits. mine didnt i had to order them with another shipment. its simple you add the packets contents into there vile, turn it on and then stick it in the place where it goes. Boy that just doesnt sound right :) but thats it. i tested it against the salfert test kits and its easier to use and appears more accurate. i dont know if this helps but if anyone really wants to see it work you can bring some water by and i will test it for you to see it for yourself

matt

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Happy, now you got your endorsment, so open up your wallet and buy it!

Matt, i dont know why you are so confused, $200 is NOT a special deal, that is the price of it that you see on DrF&S!!! Sheeesh, talk about people that need to even believe that full price is a deal! :lol2:

I have my wallet and credit card sittting on my desk, just trying to figure out where to buy it.

He got the meter and 300 sets of for $200. With DrsF&S you get 100 reagents at that price. An extra 200 reagents will set you back $46.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Dean and Henry,
Dean, you know there is nothing I hate more than when someone says "I can look at my tank and tell what's wrong." That is probably among the stupidest comment a reefer can make, because if you can tell there is something wrong, that means that something is wrong. Your LS is now stressed. Reduced color, reduced growth, possible tissue necrosis... it takes time for them to recover.
Also Henry, the lable of PO4 removal media most of us use says 6 months. They barely last 1 month. Isn't it nice to know when you can possibly save a little and milk it out longer, or if there is something wrong, change it out sooner?
By using accurate testing on an SPS tank, you can keep a closer read on things before it effects the LS.
SPS is hard. There are very few good SPS keepers on this site, yet there are 10 times more people who say they can see problems without testing. Do the math.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
Also Henry, the lable of PO4 removal media most of us use says 6 months. They barely last 1 month.

chris --
have you proven this statement? and if so which media is it from. i am staring @ 1200g of phosban 4 k of rowaphos and 2700g of phospure.
not to argue just a question. for clarity
matt

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Dean, you know there is nothing I hate more than when someone says "I can look at my tank and tell what's wrong." That is probably among the stupidest comment a reefer can make, because if you can tell there is something wrong, that means that something is wrong.

Me too. :letitallo Now who said that?

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
funny how we were talking about this meter a while ago, and all of a sudden we decided to get it at the same exact time (or should i say 2 days apart)

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Contact Hanna direct. You'll get everything you need and the rep (i forgot his name) is a great guy and he'll make sure you have exactly what you need.
Matt, I proved it with tests in my system. Every tank is different. Levels of PO4 added to the system, how much 2 part is used, there are tons of factors since phosban absorbs more than just phosphate. That is why you bought the kit. To see what works on your system. Great move on the Hanna. I test weekly.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Contact Hanna direct. You'll get everything you need and the rep (i forgot his name) is a great guy and he'll make sure you have exactly what you need.
Matt, I proved it with tests in my system. Every tank is different. Levels of PO4 added to the system, how much 2 part is used, there are tons of factors since phosban absorbs more than just phosphate. That is why you bought the kit. To see what works on your system. Great move on the Hanna. I test weekly.

You wouldn't happen to have a phone #, or some other contact info.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0

i understand that what you are saying. but if that is the case each phosphate remover depends on the tank? i plan ot go full sps. 215 tank. if that is the case i have a long time to figure out which is best for my system. ouch that blows. there will be no phosphate to be in my tank by the r/o. hopefully LOL.
thanks
matt

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Or Dean can drop the Google bomb on you.

Hanna Instruments
Boom!
google_bomb.jpg

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
if that is the case i have a long time to figure out which is best for my system.
That's exactly it Matt. There's going to be some growing pains too. You've got a good equipment list. Test weekly for the first few months. Then you will start to see trends.
I've been testing a lot of guys water for PO4 and the first thing they ask when it's through the roof is how long it will take to get levels down. I have no idea. I don't know what you feed, what you dose, how much phosban you use, how often you change it, or how much water flows through it. It's all different.
That's why SPS keepers need test kits.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: