grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
What salt does everybody use. I found this article that has this comparison chart. I have been using reef crystals since I started my tank. It?s interesting to see how different some of the levels are between the different salts

Attachments

• A0DCD964-5ADC-45EC-AD96-DBABB78BD13B.jpg
    A0DCD964-5ADC-45EC-AD96-DBABB78BD13B.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 236

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Triton here so Red Sea (non-pro blue bucket). Just switched to Tropic Marin Pro as I don't like the brown scum the RS leaves in the rising bucket and I hear TMP is clearer.

I bought a bucket of TMP and just switched to Red Sea when the tmp ran out - I like both salts. TMP mixed clear really quickly but it was too expensive for my softy and fish - focused tanks. They?re much better than IO or Reef Crystals though

Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I think 8.5 Alk for TMP is alil off its more like 7/8 range. I started with Reef Crystals but got tired of having to scrub my mixing buckets every time. The went to Red Sea Coral Pro but didnt like how high the Alk mixed and finally with TMP now. It mixes clean and fast.

Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I bought a bucket of TMP and just switched to Red Sea when the tmp ran out - I like both salts. TMP mixed clear really quickly but it was too expensive for my softy and fish - focused tanks. They?re much better than IO or Reef Crystals though

Maybe give Fritz a try i was thinking of trying them out and its a lower price point them TMP.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IO user here. I just need to raise the Ca and Mg to were I like it in the new mix (doesn't need much) and is a lot cheaper than the others at $35 for the 200g box. The only drawback is the brown residue that needs to be scrubbed from the Brute can once and a while.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Interesting ... I?ve used a lot of these salt in the past, I?ve had the best results while using ESV
the price and the new package turned me off.

I was using redsea (blue) for about a year great salt just hate to have to dose MG.

Now I?m venturing into the liveaquaria .

TMP- was very inconsistenct when it came to Alk

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: