vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I still have 35 mini colony from 1" to 2" of W.D. all Crown shape.
I cut in last 2 years more then........200 Frags.
I can cut 200 more,

What to do ?!
More Frags ? or just ignore it.lol.

I never , ever bleach one, unless unglued from my .......marble stones. I still run 12 pumps + dual return pumps on my 300 Gal. display tank.

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
sell half...buy plane ticket...put 1/2 or what's left back in the ocean...enjoy the trip and accomplishment...repeat again next year...and repeat...lol ??

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Right now , i got NO frags for sale.
2" mini colony ( list 10-15 nubs) is not a "frag",lol
What , i don't like, i never got the chance to grow one big colony, for some reason , when i see those nubs all around , i fell like , needs "hair cut",lol.
Some ask me to donate, yes i did , not few, many, but for some reason i prefer to know the person b4.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
What's your secret to help along your frags?I have a small one myself.
Not sure if is a "Secret" is just experience and experiments, years ago i start from 3/4" Walt Disney from N.J. swap , was only one person who sale it, i do NOT want to pay $ 600 for that frag, i ask for less $ , NO way, then i put $ 200 down to hold the frag, the guy tell me , if he got $ 600 for that frag i lost my $ 200 , i take the risk. After few months i got one more from J.F. less $. I place the 2 Frags in dif. water flow, dif. light.
I realize , both grow well, then i realize by having super high water flow, one of those , grow more one side then up , encrusted a way more, NOT like bamboo stick, that give me the opportunity to grow W.D. like Crown Shape, means , if i have to frag , i will have 10-15 nubs from one Colony. W.D. is SUPER strong Tenius Acropora , i never , ever bleach one frag, YES is true i run 3X 400 W Metal H. in my opinion LEDs is NOT even close, So i can frag so much, I believe in Low Alk. 7-75 dKH , most for immunity of the tank, Bacteria love this #, also love Tropic Marine Pro Salt, 10-20 weekly water change , Mag. 1,250 no more 1,300. NO3 3-5 ppm ( Steady) PO4 0.02 - 0.06, Salinity close to 1.025 , Temp. 77-79 F, NO sand , i run B.B. Good RO/DI, So nothing
special, i make my own Food.

Last edited:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
So far JOSH is the only one he understand my post.
May be my poor English......Sorry.

I ask .......What to ......do......Frag .......or NOT.......keep my mini colony ( 35) or frag it.

Right now , i do NOT have .....200 Frags.......i can do it......the Q. ......was... Do it ..or ...NOT.

Thank You.

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
So far JOSH is the only one he understand my post.

May be my poor English......Sorry.

I ask .......What to ......do......Frag .......or NOT.......keep my mini colony ( 35) or frag it.

Right now , i do NOT have .....200 Frags.......i can do it......the Q. ......was... Do it ..or ...NOT.

Thank You.

Vio. Obviously you can grow this coral like no other and making lots of frags seems like is what you enjoy the most. Lot of US have benefit from it. I have 3 of ur frags.
But since you have 35 mini colonies. Why not keep 2 or 3 maybe even 5 in different spots in your tank and ?forget about them?, let them grow to nice show pieces.
And the other 30 mini colonies you can keep fragging and fragging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Option 567- turn your aquarium into a Disney Princess theme tank, this single coral species and little figurines. You can include a villain or two if you must, but make it pretty, pink sand and all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: