Charley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
in my efforts to do things correctly, doing my best to stay within the confines of the following:

the tang police
the your tank is too small police
the quarantine police
the ich police

am I missing any? trying to be a good fishkeeping citizen...

Charley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Not much....

Attachments

• 20190207_090629.jpg
    20190207_090629.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 141

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So where you want to go? More coral and reef safe fish? Rockwork and growth on coral looks great. I personally am working toward mixed reef with both softie and LPS and have 16 fish in my 120. Some may say too many fish but most are small/medium size and weekly water change with heavy skimming has worked fine.

Charley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Pretty similar goals. Going very slowly. In no rush. Just trying to add something blue...thinking a blue throat trigger....perhaps a niger. Small to begin. No water changes. every time I water change things get worse. For whatever reason, my tank does better dosing.....

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Slow is always good in this hobby and much kinder on your bank account. Love trigger fish and will likely have a few one day. For me, I like the personality of both blenny and gobby. With all that rockwork both would love your tank!

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good luck with the search. You may want to reach out to Salgado Aquatics. They are great on price and can look for you. Nice people to deal with.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
in my efforts to do things correctly, doing my best to stay within the confines of the following:

the tang police
the your tank is too small police
the quarantine police
the ich police

am I missing any? trying to be a good fishkeeping citizen...

You forgot the spelling and grammar police.
No capitals? I?m watching you

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Charlie forget about what all these people have to say. If you can do it successfully then just do it and have fun with it. I'm going on almost 10 years now. I have killed more fish in quarantine then by just throwing them directly into the tank. I have 2 tangs in an 88 gallon, and my nitrates and phosphates are through the roof but sps are still colorful and growing. I found that doing whatever works best for you is much more important then some guidelines people talk about on forums. I'm not saying go out and buy a 10 inch vlamingi tang and throw it in a small tank but if you buy fish when they are small then will do fine in your tank and if they outgrow it just sell or trade it in.

Charley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Advice is in the eye of the beholder! Advice is advice, I can take it or leave it. Comes from so many diff perspectives and experiences and none ever are the same. Well ok, some very similar.

I get annoyed at myself for deliberating over "doing the right thing" and for what? The commercial fishing alone, on a super huge scale, does so much damage beyond belief...and I sweat over taking a fish home that's is already dead meat from being pulled out, maybe poisoned, then shipped, maybe shipped again and housed in a LFS in lousy conditions. Does a fish commercially caught fish,have less "value" as an entity than a reef fish? Seriously, why do I even give it a thought...its ludicrous.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: