Eddie7144

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of going to the lira swap next Saturday, I've never been to it. How is the selection? any deals ? I'm kinda torn because reefapalooza is at the end of June. If I go to one ,I work t go to the other . What are your opinions?

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I'm thinking of going to the lira swap next Saturday, I've never been to it. How is the selection? any deals ? I'm kinda torn because reefapalooza is at the end of June. If I go to one ,I work t go to the other . What are your opinions?
speaking totally honestly, if you are only going to go to one, which I think would be a mistake, but understand if its because of money, I would go to Reefapalooza. Being a national event, the shear amount of vendors, plus dry goods and freebies and networking you can do is great.

That being said, being a Long Islander, I would go to the LIRA swap 100%. You'll meet lots of locals and you'll definitely get some better deals in your favor. Last year was Year 1 and for their first time, it was impressive. This year only looks to improve. And I know the guys at LIRA are passionate and will make this event memorable. I'm truly disappointed I already have plans day of and will miss it.

Just go to both =)

Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I personally go to both. I ended up getting a ton more stuff from the LIRA swap. The deals were much better. There was a great selection of corals. I was able to find everything that I wanted. Like others said you get to meet local reefers that you can trade with down the road. You also dont have thousands of people competing for the same coral. At RAP they know X amount of people are interested in the coral so why cut a deal.

If you can go to RAP, I would. If nothing more go for the experience. Even if you don't purchase anything. Its huge and great experience. A lot of the corals were higher end. Not that LIRA didn't have high end corals but the prices were much higher. When I walk around and find something I like you have to jump on it otherwise when you come back someone else might have already purchased it.

If your looking for deals and the best price. LIRA

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: