kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
So i have an innovative marine 10 and 20, both have been running really hot and its not even the summer yet! tanks have been reaching 80s and ive had to turn off the heater in both. Both tanks are running LEDs, 20 gallon has the china black box and the other has a kessil. What are you using to keep the tank cooler? im probs going to buy a clip on fan of some sort as a temp... solution.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
What is the temperature in the room? What are you using to measure tank temperature?

I find the best way to cool a tank, is to cool the room with A/C. Fans work but evap water so I don't like that method.

Good luck!

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
temp in room is about 75. went to homedepot and picked up a cheap clip on fan for now so hopefully that brings it down a bit. turned off my skimmer to take away the heat from that pump. evaporation not a big deal as i have a pretty decent size ato reservoir

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
that fan will definitely work, I kept a $15 four inch computer fan on my 65gallon with 30 gallon sump, blowing hot exhaust air from the T5 fixture, down onto the water. It lowered the temp 4 degrees and would be more effective if the hot exhaust was cooler. The cooling fan was set up in the canopy to vent the fixture, I didn't set it up to cool the water. That was a secondary bonus. I now feel evaporative wind chill is much more cost effective then chillers.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
https://www.chillsolutions.com/

I used this on my Biocube for the last three years and it?s always done the job. It?s a cheaper alternative to an all out chiller. I?m breaking down my Biocube this week so watch the for sale threads and I will be listing it. Going to ask $75 with a pump. Mine is the older version with analog controls but still works great.

Been contemplating on buying this little chiller for my 20 gallon. ..how well does it do the job?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: