bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I had a old Tunze Osmollator that finally gave up the ghost after years of faithful service - it would top off the sump every day or two. I replaced it with a new 3155 and instead of doing a major refill every day or so, it turns on for 20 - 30 seconds to do a micro-top off every 10 minutes which is driving me crazy? Do I have a defective water sensor or is it supposed to do that? If it is supposed to do that, how do I get it to stop? As an FYI, it doesn't overfill the sump, it is just way too sensitive for my liking. Thx in advance for your help/advice.

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Mine adds water throughout the day. Not as often as every 10 minutes. It should add as soon as water level drops below the optical sensor. If it waited to refill once every day or every other day the water level would be way below the sensor at least in my system

thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It?s operating correctly. Runs basically every 10-20 minutes for about 10 seconds. For me this is perfect because my skimmer is super sensitive with sump water level. This ATO keeps my level absolutely constant. Why you hear the ATO working is beyond my knowledge, I never hear mine.
0eb001b190e2f1b79cce323226497efe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Is the ATO reservoir in an area with turbulent flow? It may be registering the waves incorrectly. I also recommend contacting Roger from Tunze USA (he?s on RC). Roger is excellent.

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Hey Eric.

The reservoir is external and has no waves at all. The water sensor is in the final chamber of the sump where the return pump is and the surface is almost perfectly calm as well. What's his name on RC and I will contact him and thx.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Sorry, I meant the area of the sump where the ATO sensor is located but it sounds like that?s calm as well.

There?s a tunze sponsor forum on RC. If you post the question there he usually answers pretty quickly. LMK how it goes- my Tunze ATO has never had that issue so it?s interesting

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
is there a bend in the line from the pump into your sump?i found my tunze line needed to rise at least a foot from the ATO chamber back into the sump or it would drip until ATO was empty. also, the pump may have air in it. just blow through the return line a few times to clear the air.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: