bobbyg220

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So bought a yellow tang 4 days ago didn?t realize he had black ich on him it progressed and as you can see on the picture he?s gotta pretty bad outbreak on both sides of his body I?m really not familiar with black ich and do not have a qt tank anyone have some suggestions? I no people suggest Prazipro but I really don?t wanna go that route with the corals in the tank he?s fat and eating healthy no signs of stress or anything should I keep him in the tank let it ride out? The pet store said they will take him back but I know trying to catch him is going to be an headache and stress him out and may compromise his immune system which I don?t wanna do..also there are two small clowns(no signs of black spots) and a small cuc in the tank..so I?m leaning more towards letting him ride it out because he?s healthy and eating but I really don?t want to compromise my tank if the flatworms have not hatched yet or are they already in there now? Thanks in advance for any input
fed56e5e14851b4a5cac55682d07f8a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbyg220

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With everything I have been reading I didn?t have the means to take care of him so I was able to catch him safely without distressing him and brought him back to the lfs they were awesome about it I?m gonna give it a couple months before I introduce anything and keep an eye on the clowns in the tank so far so good on them tho...will these worms ever go away? Or because they were attached to him when I got him they weren?t able to drop in my tank and hatch?

bobbyg220

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks yeah there is little information on it unfortunately ..defiantly setting up a qt this weekend for the future thanks!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Ah, finally a pest a cleaner shrimp or neon goby can clean! I believe a hyposalinity tank or freshwater dip would clear them off in a jiffy, personally not a deal breaker for me. There are also transparent, almost invisible fluke that look similar to that. Goes from fish to fish, also easily defeated with a freshwater dip. Most people doesn't even seem them, since they are flat against the skin.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: