STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Grabbed a new trident today at RAP. There were three available at the show. I got mine based on a pre arranged cash plus coral swap. One other was sold right away at MSRP the other was being sold as part of a package deal only (had to buy an Apex system, DOS,DDR, and one or two other big ticket items) Got it home and setup was relatively easy especially in comparison to the hard time I?ve had with some other Neptune products. It?s in the process right now of running my first round of tests. It pretty much sets itself up with priming etc. I will post my results vs my usual Red Sea results. I?ll give my honest opinion on the value and quality and ease or difficulty of use and maintenance. I have DOS & DDR so I plan on using the interface to attempt to keep my levels more stable throughout the day.

Attachments

• 223CF7A6-2931-4BF4-B456-1FA1EED937A4.jpg
    223CF7A6-2931-4BF4-B456-1FA1EED937A4.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 408

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Test results

I have to test with my Red Sea kit at the same time. The Trident results seem a little higher than my test from yesterday with the Red Sea test. But I did do a water change this afternoon. The Alk seems to be in the ballpark, but probably 0.5 higher than my usual high end readings as I try to keep my Alk at 8.0. But my Ca is usually right at 400 and my Mg is usually 1300-1500 depending on how many times I added the solution that week. (I dose Mg manually as I only have the one DOS. Might buy another but then my dilemma would be do I dose a 4 trace element? I?d hate to have one being unused.)

Attachments

• CB77C8DE-EA2E-4460-B877-06DFDE54FA93.jpg
    CB77C8DE-EA2E-4460-B877-06DFDE54FA93.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 378

Aggi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Yea is true .. it takes about a week and you still may have to test for the week after ..My readings were a bit of but after calibration , the Trident reading became close to perfect readings (??-??) this was about a month ago ...A+ for Neptune systems !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Ok so on the left are my Red Sea test results on the right trident results. I think the trident is off because I?ve been running my tank for over two years and have consistently gotten these numbers through Red Sea testing. So it?s not and old kit. I?m going to borrow test kits of a different brand and do a comparison. Also might run the calibration on the trident. I was told it comes calibrated but then was told different on this thread.

Alk 8.4 ? 9.37
Ca 410 ? 507
Mg 1280 - 1612

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Run the calibration. After i did mine it dropped all my levels.

Ok so on the left are my Red Sea test results on the right trident results. I think the trident is off because I?ve been running my tank for over two years and have consistently gotten these numbers through Red Sea testing. So it?s not and old kit. I?m going to borrow test kits of a different brand and do a comparison. Also might run the calibration on the trident. I was told it comes calibrated but then was told different on this thread.

Alk 8.4 ? 9.37
Ca 410 ? 507
Mg 1280 - 1612

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Calibration

So followed Bonomo53 advice and calibrated my trident and the numbers came down about 10%. They?re still a little high in comparison to my Red Sea tests but believable. I?ll let it run until Sunday and then set it up to work with my dos. It has shown my levels are very stable which I?m Pleasantly surprised about. But now my issue has been high no3&po4. Haven?t changed anything lately so I?m at a loss. Not going to do anything just yet. Maybe dose some special blend. Scheduled for a water change this weekend anyway. I do them biweekly. But so far I?m happy with the trident. Once it?s working with my dos to regulate levels I?ll give another update. The calibration was super easy. I have to Say it?s been relatively easy to use so far.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Any updates? Do you have dosing calibrated with it now? I hooked mine up yesterday. Got the following

Trident numbers first

9.49 vs 8.7
488 vs 450
1253 vs 1260

using salifert test kits

Last edited:

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Yes I just hooked up the integrated dosing function yesterday. My levels still are a little high compared to Red Sea testing but they?re stable so I?m happy with that. I will post an update after the dos and trident have been working together for a while

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: