Status
Not open for further replies.

saltykid85

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just hoping to have others avoid what I wen thru. Stay far, far, far away from NY aquatics.

The cheap prices lured me in, and man will I never do that again. The last 11 fish I?ve had, 3 from him dead, within gaurantee window, and he is not honoring it whatsoever.

Gem tang dead in two days, was fairly skinny upon death, highly doubt it became emancipated in me. 400 bucks too a chance, but a dead fish ain?t worth 4 cents.

gobywon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've had some issues from there.

However I've had excellent luck with many fish from Jawz which is at 75 N Saw Mill River Rd, Elmsford, NY 10523. This shop is a few miles from the county center in westchester, which is on the bronxriver parkway. It's very good to ask how long the fish has been in the shop. If it looks very healthy and they've had it for weeks your good to go. It's worth it to pay a little more and get quality. Not crazy prices just a bit more.

reeflifebk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hoping to have others avoid what I wen thru. Stay far, far, far away from NY aquatics.

The cheap prices lured me in, and man will I never do that again. The last 11 fish I?ve had, 3 from him dead, within gaurantee window, and he is not honoring it whatsoever.

Gem tang dead in two days, was fairly skinny upon death, highly doubt it became emancipated in me. 400 bucks too a chance, but a dead fish ain?t worth 4 cents.

Yep same here, I don?t get fish from there anymore.
Kissena aquarium is the place for fish!!! Always healthy and eating!!

Aggi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
So is not NYRA is another store called NY aquatics ? I basically hang out in NYRA flushing never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   1
My Recently purchased Gem fortunately is doing well. Looked a little skinny initially and got beat up a bit by my purple and Achilles but he?s eating like a pig and doing well.

Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I think we should clear some things up because for a second even I questioned who you were talking about.

There are two stores which might confuse people. One is New York REEF Aquatics. They are in flushing. I have been there many times and have never had a single problem with fish or corals... They are a great group of guys. It is one of two places I shop at and recommend.

Then there is NY Aquatics which is in Yonkers. I have never been there or purchased from them. Therefore I can not comment.

Saltykid85 can you please confirm this and possible make not in the original post because I would hate for people to get the wrong idea about NYRA. Then Vashawn possible remove the link.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I used to be a good customer of NY Aquatic before he got his warehouse space and for about a year after. I spent a LOT of money with him and so did my dad and several friends.

That all ended one day when I went to him and first he didn't want to give me the time of day and reluctantly told me to look around. I figured he was having a bad day and I bought a few cleaner shrimp and some fish. Literally less than a quarter mile from his location I check on the cleaner shrimp and they are dead. I call him and he accuses me of putting them in front of a hot vent of the car, etc. My best guess is that he mixed the water by accident from his fish system and put them into copper. He lost about half a dozen good customers that day and I have never returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: