thumb.gif

ISLANDREEFANDFIN

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone well the time is nearing...

The address is

1250 66th Street (driveway entrance)
between 12 and 13th avenues in Brooklyn
use driveway entrance and we will see you around 230pm on saturday November 8th 2003!!!

ps any questions hit us on the website or call us
www.islandreefandfin.com
718-697-7333
thumb.gif

p.s. come on time to get some pizza and sodas

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Great Guys! Food too, whoooo hooo!

Anyhow, this is just a final reminder that if you buy $100 worth of stuff you get one frag free and any purchase is 10% off for MR members.

I know that Rick and Nick got some new stuff and I am looking forward to seeing what they got in new. Rics, zoos and some additional LPS and a few Croceas -

Aw, yeah!

See everyone on Saturday

Jim

ISLANDREEFANDFIN

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up since our banner is on ManhattanReefs now and many of you may go to it before tomorrow: our site will not be updated before Saturday's visit. But we did get a good sized order with some really nice pieces this week. Thanks! See you all tomorrow!

[ November 07, 2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: ISLANDREEFANDFIN ]

K

kluver

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to NYC and new to MR as well. Can I come? I'm going to be a little late though..gotta pick the G/f from airport...maybe she can wait....lol

I know this might sound dumb question but is islandreefandfin a store or a warehouse/mail company that just happened to be in brooklyn? Hard to find a good store in NYC....

How late are you guys planning to be there til?

ISLANDREEFANDFIN

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know we are a new up and coming store, Soon to be moving over 1500 gallons of saltwater,inverts and reef fish.

Kluver you are more then welcome to come,
give us a call for any questions 718-697-7333

**** CORRECTION ********
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEAL IS BUY ANY 2 CORALS AND GET A FREE FRAG! (NOT SPEND A $100. JUST 2 CORALS GETS YOU A FREE FRAG !)
thumb.gif

SEE EVERYONE TOMORROW !

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mrs. had to work today so I was on point baby sitting today. I missed out on the great excursion to Brooklyn (my loss). Some details please....

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I went to the Island Reef and Fin group buy. I was very pleased with all the corals and the staff is very helpful. The prices were unbeatable! I highly recommend this up and coming company.

Here are a few examples of the quality stuff I bought yesterday.

IslandReefCoral001.jpg

[ November 09, 2003, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

ISLANDREEFANDFIN

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words Rich. And thanks to all the ManhattanReefs members who showed up yesterday. It was nice to finally meet some of you and match a face to the name. Thank you to Jim, HouseofHa for setting it up. Our 1500 gallon system (corals, fish, inverts, etc.) is soon to come so we will keep you posted. Thanks again and we hope you all had a good experience with us.
-Island Reef and Fin, Inc.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Rich,

Was that the clam that you got ? It looks like a blue teardrop. Wow. Maybe I should have taken you up on your higher offer. ;) Next time I will be on time. I got some nice stuff too.

Thanks IRF.

Kasei

K

kluver

Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Let me just say that the visit to brooklyn was awesome. It was my first visit. Its always a great feeling to come home from a LFS and feel good about your purchases.

Not only are their prices great (and I really mean GREAT!), but the staff there are friendly as well. It's good to know that these guys are going to be opening up a store soon. They had a very good selection of things...from sps, to softies. I picked up a bunch of outstanding zoo frags and other frags there as well. The reciepe for a success reef store are great prices + friendly staff = A very happy reefer!

Thanks again IRF and House for putting this together. Can't wait to come back!

James :D :D

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Originally posted by Pseudo Boy:
Rich,

Was that the clam that you got ? It looks like a blue teardrop. Wow. Maybe I should have taken you up on your higher offer. ;) Next time I will be on time. I got some nice stuff too.

Thanks IRF.

Kasei
LOL....Thanks Kasei. I'm real happy with the clam. What did you get?

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I got the red robusta and the purple monti digi with some blue center zoos, a green slimer and purple nana frags. Everything is outstanding. I am going back for the clams for the bottom of my tank.

I will let you know when I go so I can pick up that frag from you too.

Kasei

N

nunzilla

Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I want to add my 2.5 cents. What a great day saturday was, and the Island Reef guys are fantastic! The live rock they sold me is awesome (even had 3 hitchhiker shrooms). Now once the tank is cycled I have to go back and pick up some goodies

1500 gallon setup on Staten Island? Do I hear road trip?? :cool:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Guys and Gals,

Yes there were women there too . . . . . .

I walked out with 2 nice colonies myself with some frags - Kasei, be careful with that purple Nana , it grows like a weed and gets a wild neon green luminescense on the base as it encrusts -

I picked up a awesome pink pearl-tipped bubble coral, had to be 6 inches across and a favia brain which was the size of a softball!! Unbeleivable.

I also picked up a green monti with purple edge and a green digitata frag, both of which have polyps extending already -

If Rick, Nick and Rick are not careful they will corner the market very quickly with how they handled the people and the quality of thier corals - great opportunity met with great results, what a concept!!!

I am glad everyone had a good time and that the corals selection was as wide as it was - can't wait to do this again, say an early christmas present ? :)

Jim

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: