SPC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Water quality is an issue if you have a smaller tank."
icon_rolleyes.gif
Jethro, are you saying that a 38 high would be the minumum size for a Tang? Dosen't he seem to be just a bit cramped in there?
Steve

jethro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually Steve, I am thinking about moving my Tang to a 20 gallon tank.

I took him to the fish psychiatrist the other day. He said my Tang is sufferening from fear of open spaces. It seams he may have had a close call with a shark while he was in the wild. Ever since that day, he feels insecure in open areas, not knowing if that shark is soon to appear.

Now he feels more secure in a nice tight tank knowing that shark will never get him.

Not to mention the peer pressure of keeping up with the other Tangs on the reef.

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: jethro ]

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. what a sense of humor. All my fish are extremely well adusted... My tang doesn't have any fear of sharks, it was tank raised :P .

esmithiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope no one is suggesting that my tangs were lost to mental health issues
icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the info. Any other ideas? I would love to hear more feeding regimes as well as other suggestions for good books. (I purchased the pocket guide and am awaiting delivery)

E

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I don't think the apt complex would let me get away with using their swimming pool either. Can you imagine trying to remove all the traces of chlorine though? I don't want to do that much scrubbing and attaching a decent filter would be murder... although a nice skimmer might be possible
icon_smile.gif

EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
esmithiii, lots of good feeding suggestions here. I also like to add nibbling variety by feeding spirulina wafers. My tangs love to haul those around and steal them from each other
icon_smile.gif
Another favorite with the diatomous
grazers are the OSI stick on spirulina tabs called Nibblers.

jethro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel so guilty for keeping my tang in a small tank. I asked my neighbor If we could convert his swimming pool to salt water just for my tang to spend the summer in.

He said sure, as long as he can add a shark.

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: jethro ]

jethro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My neighbor's wife found out about our plan and said she won't let us do it.

She thinks the in ground swimming pool is too small for my Tang.

I am going to have to ask the borough if I we can use the public pool which is much bigger.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: