grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I just finished reading a thread by fellow MR member Awibrandy and all the problems he had with his order from Saltwaterfish.com. Well this is a picture of the Fiji yellow Leather I ordered from Live Aquaria.com. I ordered it on Wednesday night and it arrived on Friday morning dead as dead can be. Poor SOB ! It cost me 39.99$ and another 35$ or so to deliver and oh yeah lets not forget about the tax.All in all it cost 75$. I called immediately and they were very helpful. I spoke with their representative and was put on hold to see if the shipping would be credited as well, and it was.They credited my credit card the full amount. They apologized and even told me to even try to frag any part of the leather that might be alive. I didn't even try to as you can see by the way it looks.
I guess we can all expect these things when ordering from the net. Things happen. I'm abit weary now about ordering ever again.
I feel for you Awibrany

>>>>>>>BY THE WAY ,DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND ONE LOCALLY?<<<<<<

>>>HERE IS THE LINK TO SEE WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE<<<
Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Yellow Fiji Leather Coral

Attachments

• 2007-04-16 007.JPG
    2007-04-16 007.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ewww- sorry about the loss
from all the complaints ive been hearing i think we should all stay away from swf.com live aquaria is a little bit more expensive but its worth getting you livestock alive. btw the people on the forums will yell at you if you make a little mistake. when i was first interested in reefkeeping they shot down everything i said wrong

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Live Aquaria is very good in taking care of things that die.

I recently had them send me the wrong coral, I got it from the Drivers Den, and they were going to give me credit for the mistake. Well after a lot of pictures, and them telling me I had the right coral, they found the coral I was suppose to get. They're shipping it to me for free and they apologized for the mistake.

So now I have a coral that I have no clue what the hell it is, but it's big.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
grknyer, sorry to hear that. Now guys, here lays the difference in a reputable online store.
Liveaquaria gives you a phone # to call, and they answer their phone. I have bought nearly all of my dry goods from the good Drs., even before the name was changed. Been so long I don't even remember what they use to be called. You can trust them to do the right thing.
On the other side you have swf- they won't give you a number, and when you do find it via the web they don't answer and the voice mail is full. Then when you write to them they ignore your emails, and when they see others are involved then the response is not even worth it.

Marrone post a pic may be some one can id for you, and if I like it I'll even take it off of your hands.:biglaugh: I'm always willing to help out you know.:wink1:

Thanks reefman! By the way same thing happened with the same kind of coral I purchased locally. I tried the Coral Dip(anti bacterial/anti fungal dip), and the flow thing none worked. If anything it may have made matters worse.
I would qt that piece you have, and see if there is a piece that can be fragged. Look at the small section that is still yellow and showing where the polyps are.
DON'T FORGET TO WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND GLOVES

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
last week I also order some snails from them, I got it the next day. most of the bags leaks and they only put in one heater which is cold by the time I got it. Luckily all my snails survive. That's the first and last time I will order live stock from them, they still have good price on the dry stuffs.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
btw the people on the forums will yell at you if you make a little mistake. when i was first interested in reefkeeping they shot down everything i said wrong

Hi E, this is true some of the time. Most here are not nasty people, but all it takes is one to get them going. As you get old you learn that you know alot, and yet know nothing. And when it comes to reefs, you will always be learning something new. Life is a learning experience, you never stop learning. Take what good you can get from the people here, and don't bother with the bad. Live is way to short to allow little things to get you down darling.
Did I make any sense. I talk better then I write. Sorry, I use to be better.:hug:

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yeah yeah u made sense
i dont blame them i had a list of about 30 fish to put in a 40 gallon lol but i did note that i wasnt going to rush right into it which is a common mistake apparently newbies make
i have learned ALOT since then

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
i would stick it in a quarantine tank for few days, you would be really surprised what a leather can do. they are almost indestructable..almost.

ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you make a QT use drsagly made seawater with some of your tank water it could survive. Don't dip it!!! This is for pest, and will just make it worse. I've done this with my GBTA and it worked. But you need to change the water a lot. Trust me yet it. Just make sure you use some type of matured water.

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It looks like the after effects of smoking for a few years. I hope none of you smoke!

I would frag the part that has the bright yellow spots. It looks better than the rest of the leather.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: