• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kmagyar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sanjay, What a system! Those are some big changes compared to your last reef. I like the thorite and am inspired to restack some day. How is the blue polyp gomesi frag that you picked up?

Keith

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
When I was in Boston this past weekend speaking at thier club, I picked up a underwater viewing tube for the camera made by one of the members Gustavo. Could not wait to try it out:D

Here are some first attempts at trying to shoot the corals with this attached to the lens. Pretty stressful since I was holding on to the camera for dear life while trying to make sure I did not push the lens and tube underwater and keep the water out of the tube. Gave me cramps in my hand :lol:

So here are my first attempts at top down pics. Thanks Gustavo.

top-1-050107.gif

top-2-050107.gif

top-3-050107.gif

top-4-050107.gif

top-5-050107.gif

top-6-050107.gif

top-7-050107.gif

top-8-050107.gif

sanjay.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet. Makes me want to make one of those fancy picture tubes. Very nice colors on those corals BTW.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture tubes tend to work better in black Sanjay (for less light reflection on the lense). I make them out of 4" ABS and glue a 1/64" piece of acrylic as a lense. Works great and I don't have to worry as much about the water creeping up :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to worry about water coming in around the threads?

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ranger":jzdz7bn1 said:

The threads are far away from the end that is capped. You want to make sure you do not submerge to the point where the threads are in the water.

I just made sure that I was not than an inch into the water with the capped end.

Yes, you do end up with white knuckles and cramps when you do this ;-)

sanjay.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pcardone":31biihg4 said:
Awesome pics. Do you keep the tube completely out of the water?
Sanjay":31biihg4 said:
Ranger":31biihg4 said:

The threads are far away from the end that is capped. You want to make sure you do not submerge to the point where the threads are in the water.

I just made sure that I was not than an inch into the water with the capped end.

Yes, you do end up with white knuckles and cramps when you do this ;-)

sanjay.
8O

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the top part in the picture is the business end...ahhhh. I thought the bottom where the threads were at was the bottom lol. makes a whole lot more sense this way lol

jahorgos

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does holding your expensive camera over a huge tub of water make you nervous?

I can't wait to get a camera to take decent pictures with. What are you shooting your pics with?

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
jahorgos":3e7i94gm said:
Does holding your expensive camera over a huge tub of water make you nervous?

I can't wait to get a camera to take decent pictures with. What are you shooting your pics with?

Yes, it does make me nervous.

The pics were taken with a Nikon D-70 and 105 micro lens

sanjay.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: