LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another scortcher here in ventura county 90deg with no breeze!!!!

try and keep the chiller from being on all day.!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well yesterday my tank got to 81.7 so I decided to flip the lights off and then later in the day (when it was down to 80) I flipped them back on and just kept them on a couple more hours to compenstate.

Shouldn't be as warm today though so I think I'm good.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 113 here in Davis on Friday. Not a typo. I'm so glad I don't have a fish tank. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Air keeps everything nice and cool...around 75 inside, and my heater is off. With the halides/t5's running 10 hours, the tank is a nice 77...right where I like it. All the corals look fantastic.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thales":2bbg3jq1 said:
It was 95 in my house yesterday. Today I think is 92.

95 IN YOUR HOUSE!!!

People in glass houses should not walk around naked.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
95-103 for last month. Tank stays at nice 77. I have a huge chiller on a tiny tank though so it doesn't work to hard lol.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm...my tank never gets above 81 even in 90+ temps with 90% humidity.

ALl I have is a small fan blowing across the surface of the tank between the pendant 250mh and water surface.

Of course, I have been topping at least a gallon to 2 gallons a day :x

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even Seattle has been hot. I was on vacation and called to check in on the tank yesterday. It was 83 at 8:00 A.M. I can only imagine the temps it reached the day before. 8O It is supposed to cool down to 90 today so maybe I can run MH again.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's looking like switching to a night time schedule might be quite useful :)

Sue Truett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
normally Houston is so hot, but we must be having a cool spell... house temp is 65, and tank is ~77... then again it's not august yet.. :roll: My chiller hasn't come on in I don't know how long, I have a fan blowing across the tank top. It was a high of 98 last week and still this fan works like a chiller.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
111 today at 5:30 pm. It's 9:30 right now and still well over 80 outside :?

Halides have been off for the past two days. I'll switch it on for 2 hours each tomorrow.

Sue Truett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is whats so scarey, hot temps where it isn't supposed to be that hot.. and who knows what next year will bring.. 8O

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hear ya. today was 88 with almost 80% humidity. the chiller is working hard.

tomorrow will be a halide day at least for 5hours.....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No tank, no light and temp problem. If my tank was up I do not see as I would have any issues since it is hot here year round and I run an AC.

HClH2OFish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheesh...buncha babies. Was 118 here on Friday.

I'm not looking forward to getting my big reef tank living here in Phoenix. Chillers are expensive :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: