rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Need to Check out this store - Altis Reef

I have shopped at most of the reef stores in the north jersey area and finally decided to check out a place called Altis Reef in Hackensack. Boy was I surprised that this gem of a business is so low on the radar.

Some of you may remember a thread he started last year on his designing and building a plywood prop tank. Well, its up and running and full of nice corals. Lots of zoos, softies, LPS and SPS
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/coral-farming/17318-new-plywood-prop-system.html

The owner is a really nice guy and I spent almost two hours talking and checking out his stock. This place is more of a wholesale operation and is located in the basement of a retail store on Main Street in Hackensack NJ. If you are in the area it is definitely worth checking out.

You may be asking why is this store worth checking out....friendly and knowledgeable service and his prices are fantastic. I ended up purchasing 8 frags for my tank, some of which you can see below and I don?t know if these were his normal prices or perhaps a special July 4 sale but the frags only cost $10 a piece and he even threw in a free watermelon zoo frag !

Yes you NY Vendors also have great prices but after tolls, parking, and gas....it is advantageous for me to purchase locally. Looks like I just found my new favorite store. For those interested here is his website. http://altisreef.com/

Regards

altifrags100.jpg

altifrags101.jpg

altifrags102.jpg

altifrags103.jpg

altifrags104.jpg

altifrags105.jpg

altifrags106.jpg

FREEZE

colonist
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
alti reef

Rob is good people and his store is great. He has a large selection and his prices can't be beat. He will take time to talk to you and explain things whether you are an expert or noobie. His store is not too far from GW bridge so it is not so bad a trip from NYC. I have bought a lot of zoas from Rob and they are all doing great in my tanks. Thanks again Rob.

Steve

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
102   0   0
RFC, no panoramas? Comeon man, lol.

Looks good but it would be nice if you photoshop the bubble algea out, i dispise them...

The livestock looks good though..

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Definitly a great guy..speaking as a person that walked in there like a regular customer and ended up working there...:wink1:.. definitly great selections for those that are looking for xenias, softies, acan lord frags, zoa frags, sps frags & a lot more....

Growing also live foods pods and phyto

We sometimes also work with trades for those sps and lps lovers just as long as we do not have that certain sps or lps. Adding to that no hitchhickers on them like monti nudibranchs.

A plus: if anyone has a frag of their mother colonies that they might want to keep aside and alive to grow out just incase the tank crashes. He would be a great person to give a frag of. There are no assurance that the frag will grow or live. But with reef tanks you never know.

scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
The owner is great guy. I also purchased corals frags from him. He has alot of selections. You get honest answers and he won't sell corals if he thinks they won't make it in your tank. Check him out.

Chase

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with all that was said. I went there and was in awe. Two hours later I left with 10 frags (a few of them were given to me free of charge). He is a nice guy, very knowledgeable, and informative. We spent the two hours discussing many reef topics. Prices are great (most frags $10) and he has a large selection. Definitely a shop to visit. Thanks again Rob.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I visited yesterday - really nice meeting Rob & Lambda!! Very interesting place as it's set up for growing out frags, so what frags he has - he usually has a lot of!

Rob would prefer folks call and make an appointment to come by so that he can get his fragging work and the maintainence work required on his huge system done without having to stop all the time. As someone mentioned here on an earlier post, he is very hands on and talks to you about your system and what will be the best frags to add..and that takes time :)
He'll let you know when he has the most time free - if you call first.

I picked up a few sweet pieces, and do plan on going back when I get my upgrade installed. I'll try & post pics later today.

yiliyang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rob is just the best, his frags are all very healthy and awesome prices. I bought frags from him and could not have been treated nicer.

He will help a newbie very patiently and he has such a wealth of knowledge.
His store is worth checking out, I drove 50 miles to see him and was pleasantly surprised in every way. Go check his store already.

Yili

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Rob is great guy. His store is very interesting as well. I am surprised that not many people know about his store.

Yes, you do need to call him up before you go see him. Last time I went there, I had to wait for more than 30 minutes but it was worth of checking out his system while I was waiting for him.

Elfili

I'm Batman
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was just there this past saturday and I, too, was in awe. Great selection and great guy. I spent over an hour there just looking around. I was also pleased to find out that he's less than a mile away from me. :)

Instead of only stocking up my nano, I ended up making connections from Rob and will be starting up a new 72gal. bowfront set up.

It's only about 8 mins from the GWB, and worth stopping by. He's by appointment only, so best to call him up before you come.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: